I am trying to support the dealership-they are making it difficult!

/ I am trying to support the dealership-they are making it difficult! #11  
If the guy behind the counter doesn't notice you've been waiting ten minutes while someone jawbones, he probably won't get your part right either. Customer service has to start at the top and get reinforced regularly.
As far as spitting in the soup, that's why I mostly eat at home and am VERY nice to waitstaff.
Jim

/ I am trying to support the dealership-they are making it difficult! #12  
My dealership is owned by three brothers. One of them runs the parts department and is normally behind the counter with two other parts guys and a very capable lady they have hired recently. Of course, they sell a lot of parts and also ring up items from the large self-service aisles with all kinds of general tractor/farm stuff. They even have big screen monitors behind the counter so you can see the Illustrated Parts Diagrams and your part as they look it up. I always look at the other folks there as maybe someone who spends lots of money with them and may need a tiny part for a mega-dollar piece of machinery. I don't seem to see the same folks there everytime I go, but different folks who look like hard working farmers needing some help. Anyhow, with 4 friendly people working the counter, it's never a long wait.

Recently, I was standing in line behind a fellow who told me to go ahead of him. I then noticed that he was one of the technicians from the shop who needed a part lookup and was allowing me as a customer to go ahead of him. As I ordered my part, he overheard me talk about the brake master cylinders I needed for my backhoe and then took the time to advise me on time saving procedures, making sure I replaced all the copper gaskets with new ones, and the best way to bleed the brakes. I left the counter with a lot more than the parts I paid for.:thumbsup: The brother who was working there also noticed I had one of their old worn caps on and tossed me another gimme cap. Now that's a place I will return to whenever I need anything else.:D

Looks like I will have to drive to Texas for parts......where everything is bigger and better.... No dealer around here anything like that. But nobody sitting around either, I'm usually the only one in there, and that isn't too often.

/ I am trying to support the dealership-they are making it difficult! #13  
I would be PO'ed if given the wrong part after I had called ahead and got confirmation of availability.

As far as your after market FEL bought from another dealer, well I would not expect a local dealer to give a definitive answer as to whether an upgraded bracket will protect you from future damage. Why would they? NH didn't design the loader and the local dealer didn't sell it to you. If something went bad you would be calling them. Call your selling dealer and ask the question.

MarkV

/ I am trying to support the dealership-they are making it difficult! #14  
I would be PO'ed if given the wrong part after I had called ahead and got confirmation of availability.

MarkV

People make mistakes, all of us, so do printers, people inputting the parts numbers into computer catalogs, and people reading long complex part numbers. This is why if you are getting a replacement part, take the old one with you.

I, personally, would rather wait half an hour to get a part than order one online and have to wait two days to a week for it to be delivered.

/ I am trying to support the dealership-they are making it difficult!

As far as your after market FEL bought from another dealer, well I would not expect a local dealer to give a definitive answer as to whether an upgraded bracket will protect you from future damage. Why would they? NH didn't design the loader and the local dealer didn't sell it to you. If something went bad you would be calling them. Call your selling dealer and ask the question.

MarkV
Mark-it is the same dealership, just a different location.

/ I am trying to support the dealership-they are making it difficult!
Topstoy-yup, I agree the stools do not need to be there. Just invites "jawin" time.

Caliche-I have known business like Jim discussed, but not this one. There were at least three other employees in that building who did not look busy.

Lastly, two phone calls yesterday to talk to "parts" and both times the operator came back on to tell me they must be busy as they were not picking up.:(