I bent some rod into hooks... Now What?

/ I bent some rod into hooks... Now What?
I guess there's no turning back now. I welded the hooks onto the singletree, and the cart is done. Thanks for the input.

Attachments

• IMG_0219.jpg
    IMG_0219.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 307
   / I bent some rod into hooks... Now What? #12  
as with anything.. inspect before and after use.. I'm guessing you will be fine..

my cart is all angle and tubing, mild steel, expanded metal and some wood..e tc.. I didn't make it.. bought it

soundguy

/ I bent some rod into hooks... Now What? #14  
done exactly the same thing for 25 years, no problems here. the draft on the cart is light

...my cart is all angle and tubing, mild steel, expanded metal and some wood..e tc.. I didn't make it.. bought it

soundguy

Just out of curiosity, how much did you pay for the cart? I'm wondering how much I saved (if any)by building my own.

/ I bent some rod into hooks... Now What? #16  
it's been 6-7 ys.. but if I had to guess, I paid about 350$ for the cart.. has spoked 'bike' wheels, wood yoke bars, basket is the mild steel n angle and tube and expanded metal.. has a small padded backrest and armrests... painted 'hooker' red :)

soundguy

it's been 6-7 ys.. but if I had to guess, I paid about 350$ for the cart.. has spoked 'bike' wheels, wood yoke bars, basket is the mild steel n angle and tube and expanded metal.. has a small padded backrest and armrests... painted 'hooker' red :)

soundguy

Thanks. Yours sounds nice. Mine is likely much heavier than yours. That's not always a good thing for a horse cart. The intent was to have a heavy duty cart for training our cart horses. Where I built this one, the plan is that I can repair it in the event of an accident. One runaway team did about $1200 damage to my Dad's show quality wagonette. My whole family is a little shy now about hitching unproven horses to anything nice.

/ I bent some rod into hooks... Now What? #18  
I guess I should mention that I pull with class A mini's :) single or team/dual

I guess I should mention that I pull with class A mini's :) single or team/dual

Fun!!

I was tempted to get into minis, but I like riding too much, and I don't have room for more than a few horses. By driving my saddle horse I can ride when I want, or I can drive them when I want.

/ I bent some rod into hooks... Now What? #20  
i have quarter horses for riding as well..

soundguy