I drove Kubota with about 1 pint of engine oil for 30 feet

/ I drove Kubota with about 1 pint of engine oil for 30 feet #31  
ruffdog

You are correct but most other componets will stick rings,crank oil pump cheap insurance.

/ I drove Kubota with about 1 pint of engine oil for 30 feet
I re-read the op to see if the hours were mentioned. 250 and she doesn't think the filter (and oil?) have ever been changed.

Does Kubota not use break-in oil? Just curious. Funny, I always assumed that oil was higher quality, and it's not, being designed to wear-in parts.

Yes, I was surprised too when I saw the all the filters were still grey. I replaced engine oil filter and HST filter yesterday.

Ok, I found the bill for the 2015 service, it says: "Checked blades and sharpened. Cleaned mower deck and checked gearbox fluid. Checked fluid on machine and topped engine oil and hydraulic fluid as needed. Checked coolant which was good to -35. Greased and washed machine. TOTAL $140.26" Not sure where on the bill that shows hour, maybe this: "Meter In: 114".

I have to add something, I used Kubota 15w-40 engine oil to do this oil change but lost most of it down the drain. The last pint I put was whatever left from that gallon jug. And then the 3 quarts that I added last was also 15W-40 but Walmart brand or something but good for diesel and gasoline. Is this considered mixing oil?

/ I drove Kubota with about 1 pint of engine oil for 30 feet #34  
I have to add something, I used Kubota 15w-40 engine oil to do this oil change but lost most of it down the drain. The last pint I put was whatever left from that gallon jug. And then the 3 quarts that I added last was also 15W-40 but Walmart brand or something but good for diesel and gasoline. Is this considered mixing oil?

You are fine. Don't worry about mixing engine oil.

/ I drove Kubota with about 1 pint of engine oil for 30 feet #35  
Everyone is overlooking that the OP, a wife, tried to change the oil in the tractor. That earns a lot of points in my book. Not too many wives would even attempt to do that.
Kudos to you OP.

Everyone is overlooking that the OP, a wife, tried to change the oil in the tractor. That earns a lot of points in my book. Not too many wives would even attempt to do that.
Kudos to you OP.

:) Thank you! I’m actually glad I learned something new eventhough this could cost so much due to my carelessness. For now, another oil filter and a gallon oil plus shipping from Messicks cost me $45.

/ I drove Kubota with about 1 pint of engine oil for 30 feet #37  
Kudos to you OP.

I didn't over look that detail. But some things are best noted AFTER all the problems have been made good. ;-)

Good on YA!

/ I drove Kubota with about 1 pint of engine oil for 30 feet #38  
:) Thank you! I’m actually glad I learned something new eventhough this could cost so much due to my carelessness. For now, another oil filter and a gallon oil plus shipping from Messicks cost me $45.

You need to live closer to an auto parts store. (FLAPS Friendly Local Auto Parts STORE)

I just did a filter and engine oil change on the bolens. 4 quarts of oil, engine oil filter, New Air filter element, An Oil pressure switch for something else, and a 12 pack of AA batteries ran me $41. The filters are WIX, The oil Amalie Good Stuff!

/ I drove Kubota with about 1 pint of engine oil for 30 feet #39  
Evitin...

I too would like to commend you on a job WELL DONE.

First great point, you did the oil change.
Second, you DID notice a problem.
Moving the tractor 30' running it for less then 5 min. didn't hurt it at all in any way.
Third, correcting the problem buy finding & adding the right amount of oil.
WalMart 15-40 oil is just fine for your tractor, you DO NOT have to use Kubota oil.
You can get your filters from WalMart or the local auto parts store also.
Much cheaper.

If I was your husband, I would be VERY proud of you for the what you did & how you handled it.
You also LEARNED from this experience and I'm sure it will never happen again.

/ I drove Kubota with about 1 pint of engine oil for 30 feet #40  
The feminists would go berserk if anybody suggested that changing the oil in a tractor was somehow a mans domain. I welcome it. Make sure you don't miss any zerks while you are at it.:thumbsup:

Oh yeah, wipe them of surplus grease with a rag when done. We don't want to attract unnecessary dirt.