I drove Kubota with about 1 pint of engine oil for 30 feet

/ I drove Kubota with about 1 pint of engine oil for 30 feet #41  
You are learning by doing. I learned on my dads stuff, then my employers, and my own. Cant wait for my kids to learn at my expense. But it's a debt that I owe.

/ I drove Kubota with about 1 pint of engine oil for 30 feet #42  
Glad you're engine is fine.

/ I drove Kubota with about 1 pint of engine oil for 30 feet
Thank you the compliments! Hubby now thinks that it’s fine. I ordered it online to make sure I got the right parts. I had no idea I could buy tractor filters at any local auto parts. I am actually kinda proud too that I did it!! I know it wasn’t perfect, my brain doesn’t cooperate sometimes but it’s over and I tried to fix it as much as I could ��

/ I drove Kubota with about 1 pint of engine oil for 30 feet #44  
I would have went off on my Wife if she had driven the tractor 30 feet after doing an oil change, but when I calmed down, I would have taken her out for a nice dinner and begged her to change the oil in all of the tractors! I really feel for her, as I remember a not so related instant when my Wife took the effort to wax the car and I asked her (on the phone) what kind of wax she used. She said she used the wax in my tool box. I knew I didn't have any wax in my tool box, and that can contained a very strong rubbing compound. She said she noticed that a lot of black paint kept coming off on the rags. Ended up not being a bad thing, but I knew on my way home that the Lacquer paint job I had paid dearly for on that car was probably ruined. Good thing cellphones weren't invented back then, or I would have chewed her out all the way home.
Congratulations on getting the oil changed, Congratulations to your hubby for a wise choice in a wife. Now go enjoy the tractor!
David from jax

I would have went off on my Wife if she had driven the tractor 30 feet after doing an oil change, but when I calmed down, I would have taken her out for a nice dinner and begged her to change the oil in all of the tractors! I really feel for her, as I remember a not so related instant when my Wife took the effort to wax the car and I asked her (on the phone) what kind of wax she used. She said she used the wax in my tool box. I knew I didn't have any wax in my tool box, and that can contained a very strong rubbing compound. She said she noticed that a lot of black paint kept coming off on the rags. Ended up not being a bad thing, but I knew on my way home that the Lacquer paint job I had paid dearly for on that car was probably ruined. Good thing cellphones weren't invented back then, or I would have chewed her out all the way home.
Congratulations on getting the oil changed, Congratulations to your hubby for a wise choice in a wife. Now go enjoy the tractor!
David from jax
Thank you for kind words, David! :)

/ I drove Kubota with about 1 pint of engine oil for 30 feet #46  
I doubt any damage was done, but if it was it is done. So nothing to lose. Run it and keep a close eye on the oil level.

/ I drove Kubota with about 1 pint of engine oil for 30 feet #47  
Evitin...

I too would like to commend you on a job WELL DONE.

First great point, you did the oil change.
Second, you DID notice a problem.
Moving the tractor 30' running it for less then 5 min. didn't hurt it at all in any way.
Third, correcting the problem buy finding & adding the right amount of oil.
WalMart 15-40 oil is just fine for your tractor, you DO NOT have to use Kubota oil.
You can get your filters from WalMart or the local auto parts store also.
Much cheaper.

If I was your husband, I would be VERY proud of you for the what you did & how you handled it.
You also LEARNED from this experience and I'm sure it will never happen again.

Sorry to interrupt the love fest, but I think a lot of you are being sexist.

If a man who realizes that all the oil they're refilling the engine with is running out the bottom of the motor, then puts the plug in and only adds a pint of oil in a motor that requires over 3 quarts, then starts the engine and drives it; but because: "the engine oil light is on" and they "don't know what to do" so they drive it slowly, you would not be having the same reaction and handing out the "job well done(s)".
...and THAT is sexist. Sorry.

Don't get me wrong, taking the steps to correct it is commendable, and one doesn't know what they don't know, and I've done a lot of bone-headed things in my time too, we all do, but I also expect to get called out when I do. I'm glad it looks like things worked out and hope they continue.

/ I drove Kubota with about 1 pint of engine oil for 30 feet #48  
I must be the oddball. I,m kinda glad my wife stays away from my tractor, and cars, and truck, and anything else mechanical. However, she does a great job in the kitchen, and taking care of the flowers around our place. LOL

My husband has been in jail shortly after the tractor was bought. I’m stuck maintaining the properties. I never touched any of the machines before and would rather not have to. Thank you for all for your help. I am new to this forum and will likely be asking for opinions or suggestions in the future. This can be the end of the discussion about wife thing lol. Have a good day, everyone!!

/ I drove Kubota with about 1 pint of engine oil for 30 feet #50  
My husband has been in jail shortly after the tractor was bought. I’m stuck maintaining the properties. I never touched any of the machines before and would rather not have to. Thank you for all for your help. I am new to this forum and will likely be asking for opinions or suggestions in the future. This can be the end of the discussion about wife thing lol. Have a good day, everyone!!

Awesome. Some times we realize if is to be it's up to me. Remember on average women can do more things better than men do.