I found a Ford 8N on my property!

/ I found a Ford 8N on my property! #1  

srscott

Tractor
YM1510D w/ FEL
I bought a house and 2 acres a little over a year ago, and have been slowly cleaning out the back acre, which was so overgrown with tallow trees and vines that I couldn't see much more than a foot into the tangled mess. I began to clear by hand but gave that up after a few days because the vines are rattan and are super tough. I did however run into what turned out to be a Ford 8N about 10 yards back. It took about a day and a half to carefully clear the growth from around it to see just what I had. A pretty rough looking Ford 8N sans one front tire, hood, and most discouragingly.. the oil filler cap. I looked for and found the engine block serial number and found that it was made in 1951. As it is going to be beyond my financial ability to restore it I am thinking about finding it a good home for someone who really wants a project! If it is beyond restoration then I will probably have to part it out. I will post pics as soon as I can take them, Hopefully tomorrow

/ I found a Ford 8N on my property! #3  
DRAT!!! I need a T-shirt that says, "A fellow TBNer found an 8N on is property, and all I found was a stinkin' mad rat snake!" /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Way to go! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ I found a Ford 8N on my property! #4  
"you might be a redneck if..... you mow your lawn and find a ca- ahem... tractor" ... just kiddin /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif nice find!

/ I found a Ford 8N on my property! #5  
All I found in the brush on my property were Deer Ticks! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I think a picture is needed, please. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ I found a Ford 8N on my property! #6  
All I ever find are broken bottles and rusted cans, or something else that needs to be fixed or replaced. Must be some thick brush if it took you a year to find it. Wonder if there is anything else back there? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ I found a Ford 8N on my property! #7  
Wow, lucky you. The only thing that I've found is a couple of old tires that were so rotten you could litterly rip them with your hands /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif (I thought they lasted forever - at least according to the environmentalist /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif) and a couple of old fenders off of one of those car 2 wheel car dollys. I kept them, finally threw them away about a month ago in an effort to get rid of stuff.

/ I found a Ford 8N on my property!
well.. still trying to get the pics on here but am having trouble getting them small enough to load

Here are the pics... finally!

Attachments

• 657372-F8N2.JPG
    657372-F8N2.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 733
2nd pic

Attachments

• 657375-F8N1.JPG
    657375-F8N1.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 719