I found a Ford 8N on my property!

/ I found a Ford 8N on my property!
In response to Birdman's curiosity here are some of the other things that I have found under the brush

Attachments

• 657381-barn.JPG
    657381-barn.JPG
    12.4 KB · Views: 597
   / I found a Ford 8N on my property!
And this is the last of the things I am likely to find since this is all the way in the furthest corner of the property. I don't know what it is other than being a john deere. I think it is some sort of crop planter If anyone can tell me I would sure appreciate it

Attachments

• 657383-johndeere1.JPG
    657383-johndeere1.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 558
   / I found a Ford 8N on my property! #13  
Wow.. neat stuff.

Even i fthe engine is siezed, and crank and cam are ruined.. if the journals are ok, the block and head may be salvageable, the block has replacable liners. Also, baring problems, the diffy chunkm diffy center casting, axle trumpets, axles, tranny casting ( maybee not gears ), steering box ( maybee ) and perhaps the rear wheel centers.. maybee a front wheel center. Dash, pto shaft and possibly the pump, and deffinately the hyd top cover. Those casting make up some good "hard' parts that are in need. Someone is always busting a tranny or diffy casting.. etc.

Cast oil pan and even front axle should be in good condition. Carb may be good for a rebuild. Governor may be ok,, governor cover possibly, and if front mount distribuitor.. may be salvageable.. Rods, if not rusty. Possibly the air cleaner, depending on condition, as well as battery box..

Soundguy

/ I found a Ford 8N on my property! #14  
DURN! I NEVER find anything cool like that! If it was me, I'd try to retore it, but I'm s little flakey sometimes .......

/ I found a Ford 8N on my property! #15  
Wow! For just two acres, you found a lot of treasure. I just keep looking at the tires on that 8N and think they are better than a lot I've seen on operating tractors.

If you don't want to restore it, I'd bet you could make some nice spending money by disassembling and parting out the 8N on ebay. Heck, you can probably find somebody to give you $3 for the battery core. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif