I got a Tractor!

/ I got a Tractor!
Here is what the piece I removed looked like on the back side!-

aa01.jpg

Then, I had my CNC plasma cutter make me a piece of 1/4" plate that was a bit bigger than the hole I had just made. By welding some bolts to that piece and using nuts and washers, I was able to draw it up tight to the inside of the loader arm for welding-

aa02.jpg

Then the bolts get cut off, welds are finished on that piece, and I weld another piece CNC cut to fit inside the welded area-

aa03.jpg

That ties it in nicely. I then ground down any high spots and clamped on then welded the first over sleeve-

aa04.jpg

Then once that is welded where where the second over-plate will cover-the second one gets clamped and welded on-

aa05.jpg

The inside of the arm gets similar treatment-

aa06.jpg

Then the process is repeated for the other side of the loader boom.

Last edited:
   / I got a Tractor!
Then there are some top and bottom plates that sandwich the whole thing, but those photos aren't loaded in the computer right now. At this point the loader arm repairs are actually done, so the project is now pretty much up to date.

Until next time, see you all later and have a Happy New Year!

/ I got a Tractor! #63  
Your pictures will not load.

/ I got a Tractor!
Your pictures will not load.

strange.

At first, they were all there normally with thumbnails.

Then I left and came back and the thumbnails were gone, but when I clicked on the attachment text, the photos came up.

Now it says they are invalid. Pretty frustrating as I spent a lot of time loading them and writing all that.

/ I got a Tractor!
Well, I re-did the attachments. We will see if they stay put...

/ I got a Tractor! #67  
Great read

A labor of love, or you just crazy.

This weekend I did a job I dreaded doing as much as income taxes.

My Mustang Cobra needed to have an inaccessible bung for the O2 Sensor weld repaired
God was on my side as I got the header flanges off without breaking any studs, etc. I was even able to get the broken pipe section removed without dropping the entire exhaust system.

I had visions of having to remove the engine and drive train, dropping K frame etc. I said a thank you prayer afterwards as I got offso easy.

/ I got a Tractor!
Great read

A labor of love, or you just crazy.

This weekend I did a job I dreaded doing as much as income taxes.

My Mustang Cobra needed to have an inaccessible bung for the O2 Sensor weld repaired
God was on my side as I got the header flanges off without breaking any studs, etc. I was even able to get the broken pipe section removed without dropping the entire exhaust system.

I had visions of having to remove the engine and drive train, dropping K frame etc. I said a thank you prayer afterwards as I got offso easy.

I'm pretty sure I'm just crazy!

/ I got a Tractor! #69  
Nice work you have been very busy

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ I got a Tractor! #70  
Nice work you have been very busy

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet