I hate them meeces to pieces!

/ I hate them meeces to pieces! #1  

TractorGuy

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4310 CUT, Ford New Holland 575E Industrial Backhoe, John Deere F725 Front Mount Mower
Dang mouse keeps getting on top of the backhoe engine and chewing a hole in one of the fuel return lines. He has done it twice on the same hose in the same spot even though I parked it in a different place after the first time. I moved it to the other side of the house for now. I guess I'm going to have to put some mothballs in there but I hate the smell as bad as the mice do.

/ I hate them meeces to pieces!
   / I hate them meeces to pieces! #5  
Put a trap baited with cheese where the mouse is causing a problem. I wire the traps to something so they can't run away with them. Mouse poison would work too.

/ I hate them meeces to pieces! #6  
Dang mouse keeps getting on top of the backhoe engine and chewing a hole in one of the fuel return lines. He has done it twice on the same hose in the same spot even though I parked it in a different place after the first time. I moved it to the other side of the house for now. I guess I'm going to have to put some mothballs in there but I hate the smell as bad as the mice do.

I don't know if mothballs with repel a mouse but I know they don't repel squirrels. Been there tried that.

Kevin

/ I hate them meeces to pieces! #7  
I don't know if mothballs with repel a mouse but I know they don't repel squirrels. Been there tried that.
Mothballs didn't work for me.
I dumped a couple boxes all around inside my small shed to repel mice, they walked right by them and built a nest in my mower.

/ I hate them meeces to pieces! #8  
The mice around this part of the world don't seem to mind mothballs at all.

/ I hate them meeces to pieces! #9  
Put a trap baited with cheese where the mouse is causing a problem. I wire the traps to something so they can't run away with them. Mouse poison would work too.

Don't spend $ on cheese. Save the old hose and use that!

Seriously though, moth balls do not work. Traps or poison. If they have a nest in the tractor moving won't help...

-R

/ I hate them meeces to pieces! #10  
I bought Ropel spray for my wife's hood insulation after mice or squirrels chewed on it. It's a taste type repellent, not too hard to find. Seemed to work.