I hate them meeces to pieces!

/ I hate them meeces to pieces! #61  
One reason why cats work so good is they just love to chase something, but if a cat is like my wife's cat already has enough food, the cat play with the mouse for a long time before it kills it.

Last July I started herring a gnawing sound coming from the kitchen wall early in the morning and the cat starring under the cupboards, so ordered two Hoont electronic rat/mouse traps, sofar I got 12 mice. After the first week I didn't think the traps was working, the cat was still staring and the gnawing sound was still there, then in the second week I heard a pulse sound coming from the corner of the house when I went down cellar, I looked and see the blue light blinking, the first kill was 2 at once. The last time one of traps went off was in January and now there's no gnawing and the cat is not staring.

/ I hate them meeces to pieces! #63  
An 8.5' rat snake probably eats more than you think. I live in the Deep South so they are active most of the year. Like cats, I don't want one in the house though!!! ;) It is proven that they are more efficient than cats at hunting. As far as appetite, I guess that would depend on size and temperature.

One reason why cats work so good is they just love to chase something, but if a cat is like my wife's cat already has enough food, the cat play with the mouse for a long time before it kills it.

Last July I started herring a gnawing sound coming from the kitchen wall early in the morning and the cat starring under the cupboards, so ordered two Hoont electronic rat/mouse traps, sofar I got 12 mice. After the first week I didn't think the traps was working, the cat was still staring and the gnawing sound was still there, then in the second week I heard a pulse sound coming from the corner of the house when I went down cellar, I looked and see the blue light blinking, the first kill was 2 at once. The last time one of traps went off was in January and now there's no gnawing and the cat is not staring.

Interesting. Battery? So electric activated door, etc or it fries them!!! :thumbsup: ;) :laughing:

I saw something dart across the floor the other morning right after I got up (5:00 am) and was watching TV (weather). Caught the little bastard two nights later. Used the Victor trap baited with Toosie Roll. I have had the same candy bar for 3 or so years now. What is left of it lives in the fridge! :eek:

BTW I can catch one just by placement without bait. You have to place it along the wall, and use a neck down if you can, like a long box along the wall. A productive spot inside my house is right behind the dog crate.

I use to have a camp on the Tensas River, adjoining the refuge. No mice... WARF RATS!!! Huge!!! Boy you talk about making a mess. That is what I have at my farm. The cats will catch and eat them too. Before we got the cats, you could smell the rat urine in the shop. Now, there is no smell.

As I know, the large rats aren't indigenous, and of course feral cats are not. So tit for tat on that one. I think my female is pregnant! Awesome!!! :thumbsup:

/ I hate them meeces to pieces! #64  
Do the math....One male and 5 females in a litter + 6 months to mature (baby makeing age) = at the end of 63 days gestation period. As soon as the females have given birth to one litter they are 'ready to go' for another. It is all guess work but at the end of a year you could have many, many cats and no mice.

/ I hate them meeces to pieces! #66  
Cats kill up to 3.7B birds annually (USA Today)
New study shows that feline threat to birds is greater than previously thought.
Cats kill up to 3.7B birds annually

I'm not a cat person and my neighbor who's a pheasants forever member hates cats. If he sees one while out hunting I would bet it wouldn't be alive long. I don't want to contribute to the cat populations in our wooded area. I've actually lost about a dozen chickens to a feral cat before I was finally able to live trap it. I think the coyotes have been taking care of most of the cats around here lately though.

Kevin

/ I hate them meeces to pieces! #67  
Regarding the rolling log mouse trap bucket - about 35 years ago I did something similar to trap the kids' hamster that got out and disappeared in the house. We knew it was still around from droppings, and we suspected it found its way into the couch. Anyway, I took the hamster's plastic box-cage and ran a ramp up to the lip. Then I took a piece of cardboard about 3 inches wide (thickness like the back of tablets) and ran it from the ramp - lip to lip - across the opening and made it just long enough that it would bend inward and fall in if any weight was put on it in the middle. Then put peanut butter in the middle of the cardboard and left it out. I did not really expect success but the next morning Melvin was back in the cage. We had to do that a couple more times as Melvin had a penchant for freedom and it worked each time.