I have a bad feeling about this

/ I have a bad feeling about this #91  
This is a bit of a hijack, sorry, but your comment makes me curious. What can you tell me about Ag/Industrial?

The reason I bought the NH tractor I did is that the NH local dealer was so good. They paid attention to me and tried to help me out finding something used elsewhere when it didn't look like they had a used tractor that fit my stated needs. When I got a better idea what prices were, and reconsidered my available money, I decided to go new, and they took great care of me on that too. Meanwhile the Kubota dealer treated me like an annoyance, and the JD dealer was only a little better.

Well, the excellent NH dealer is an Ag/Industrial.

So, what's their story? I can imagine my local dealer would help resolve the problem in this thread. But why specifically did you suggest that? It's a chain, right?
The quick answer is yeas and yes. lol
What I mean in this thread is go to an Industrial or Agricultural tire dealer.…like a farm tractor tire and truck tire service & sales store.

OTOH, Ag Industrial IS a good dealership and I have purchased more than a few pieces from them.

/ I have a bad feeling about this
Ok, reviving this old thread to give an update. Two years ago, I had my wheels emptied and tube installed. Little did I know it was just a timed bomb. My rims are no longer leaking but this what they look like last week :(

How screwed am I? Will these last at least the winter? Hoping that there will be no catastrophic failure until then. What do you think?

/ I have a bad feeling about this #93  
The old CACL rot out... Wonderful stuff for accelerating corrosion.

They may last, but then again, may not. I'd be shopping for a new set of rims soon.

Yeah, I'll be calling my tractor dealer tomorrow. Nice Christmas gift...

I'm in western Quebec/eastern Ontario. I checked that link and it doesn't give any rims for my LK30. I checked the LK3054, same thing.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. Awaiting a reply from my dealer.

/ I have a bad feeling about this #99  
Ok, reviving this old thread to give an update. Two years ago, I had my wheels emptied and tube installed. Little did I know it was just a timed bomb. My rims are no longer leaking but this what they look like last week :(

How screwed am I? Will these last at least the winter? Hoping that there will be no catastrophic failure until then. What do you think?I
Your picture does indeed look very bad. However, steel can expand up to 7 times when rusted. This means your wheel could be fine and only needs rust removal, treatment, and painting. So I would recommend using a powered wire brush to remove all the rust down to bare steel and then evaluate the condition of the wheel.
Eric

Last edited:
   / I have a bad feeling about this #100  
You need new rims friend.