I have one for ya'll

/ I have one for ya'll
Re: I have one for ya\'ll

Lol! Well, here's what I got out of this. Use reverse as an absolute last resort, and have plenty of room when I do it. Not four wheel drive, okay. No extra gear shift so that has to be right. Find out what tires others have and make necessary adjustments. You folks are so helpful and I am SO far out of my league that I am going to quietly shut up and go away. Thanks for all the helpful suggestions and information.

PS Not for nothing, but I had to ask my neighbor how to tell how much gas was in the thing. He says, 'it's that little gauge up there that looks like a gas tank.' Duh.

/ I have one for ya'll

I am not familiar with your tractor. However, it sounds like you have 2 reverse gears, one is fast, one is slow. Have you tried both of them? Are both too fast for you? You use the hi / lo lever to change which reverse you want, just like in the forward gears.

If you start to spin or slip, do you pick up the implement a bit? This puts more weight on the tractor, less pull from the implement. That usually gets one through a slow spot, altho sand can be difficult.

Do you have a differential lock, and are you using it? This makes both rear tires spin when you slip, giving you much more power. If you do not know, have your friend show you a bit more about the tractor. Best way to get therough the tough spots.

Ag tires have the deep lugs, angled back. Very good traction in snow, mud, sand, but harder on lawns.

Construction tires have many more, flatter & wider, lugs. good for some dirt but better wear on pavement & not as hard on lawns.

Turf tires have a shallow pattern more like a car tire, not much traction but easy on grass.

--->Paul

/ I have one for ya'll #13  

This tractor has industial tires on it. Is this what yours has?

Attachments

• 242683-L35.jpg
    242683-L35.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 202
   / I have one for ya'll #14  
   / I have one for ya'll #15  

Please do not shut up and go away. This site is here to help you. I have asked my share of dumb questions but no one's run me off. Since you bought the tractor new, I assume you have a manual. Look and see if it says anything about differential lock. I get my manuals out once in while for refresher and find out sometimes that I've been doing something not quite right. It may have a section with recommendations for sandy soils even. Just a thought.

/ I have one for ya'll #16  

Or does it look like this Ag tire?

Attachments

• 242717-Agtires.jpg
    242717-Agtires.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 179
   / I have one for ya'll

Yes! Those are the ones. I'm thinking maybe based on one remark made here, the disc/k may be too heavy for this tractor as well.

/ I have one for ya'll #18  

Cindi,

You definitely have differential lock on that tractor and it will sometimes make the difference between going on through a bad spot or getting stuck.

It operates by depressing a steel petal that extends out (forward) from under the right side of your seat. It's not the easiest thing to reach unless you are a whole lot more agile than I am. You have to really "reach back" to depress it. Then hold it down until you are past the spot where you are apt to get stuck.

Remember, you cannot steer with the differential locked and you don't want to hit just one of your brakes while it is locked either. It could do some nasty stuff to your tractors innards. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

TBone

/ I have one for ya'll

There's a brake!? Hah! Told you I was a newbie. Honestly I just make sure I stop well short of where I want to end up. I'll ask hubby if he knows where that differential thingie is. I think it's time to break out the manual. For may sake and his. He hasn't gotten stuck for fourteen days so we're getting there. Isn't that terrible?

/ I have one for ya'll #20  

I don't know anything about your tractor, but if it has a draft control, it will help greatly with an implement that is too heavy or loading your tractor past its maximum traction. If you don't have draft control, do like someone previously mentioned & lift a little with the hydraulic lift when the going gets slippery, along with differential lock, if you are moving in a straight line.