I have one for ya'll

/ I have one for ya'll #21  
Re: I have one for ya\'ll

Sounds like you are on a very steep learning curve, as they say, with this tractor, Cindi. Please be super careful with the machinery, especially while you are learning how to use it. New operator, gear drive 2 wheel drive tractor with wild reverse, heavy implements, frequently stuck... not to be overly dramatic, but I am seeing some factors that could combine to make some risky situations. You would not believe how fast things can get out of hand, Cindi, so please take it slow and be safe!

And do stick around and read what these guys (and gals) have to say. They have a wealth of experience to learn from!

/ I have one for ya'll #22  

How big is you disc?

/ I have one for ya'll

Oh yes, very careful. If I am guilty of nothing else it's caution. My husband just passed through, reading over my shoulder. He says quote ' if I knew when I bought that tractor, what I know now, I would have insisted on turf tires.' Launched off into this fifteen minute speil that I'm sure you guys would have understood.

/ I have one for ya'll #24  

"The 231S might be to heavy for its power in this situation. Or you might have too big of an implement on it for sticky situations."

Oh no, we are not implying her tractor is too big are we? Sounds like a job for a smaller/lighter 4WD tractor to me. What if she put double wheels on the rear to provide more flotation and traction? J

/ I have one for ya'll #25  

Hey TC,

Naw,I doubt very much that a smaller lighter tractor would be of much help,even with mfd for this problem. More than likely need a real O&V tractor,or a mfd utility in this situation. Duals might help though if there is room between the rows of trees for them.