I have to wonder why?

/ I have to wonder why?
Thanks guys. For anyone interested here's the video on it. There's some other stuff in there as well ;)

/ I have to wonder why? #12  
Nice work. For future reference for a suitable non-custom joystick with trigger type switch check out Suregrip brand joystick controls. I put one on my FEL on my Kioti DK-40 to use with my Canadian made HLA all angle plow, and my grapple, etc. It can come with numerous switches built in, and it's much more streamlined for ergonomics than that ugly one with the two red eyes you were using originally:confused2: :laughing: $450 WOW! That's ridiculous for that uglystick....
Mine was about $150 US, from my selling dealer, so probably cheaper for you.... I only needed the single trigger action, no additional keypad with a bunch of buttons....
Just a thought.
Many options, check out their catalog, and they're made in Canada too!
http://www.suregripcontrols.com/550.0013-SureGripCatalog.pdf

/ I have to wonder why?
Nice work. For future reference for a suitable non-custom joystick with trigger type switch check out Suregrip brand joystick controls. I put one on my FEL on my Kioti DK-40 to use with my Canadian made HLA all angle plow, and my grapple, etc. It can come with numerous switches built in, and it's much more streamlined for ergonomics than that ugly one with the two red eyes you were using originally:confused2: :laughing: $450 WOW! That's ridiculous for that uglystick....
Mine was about $150 US, from my selling dealer, so probably cheaper for you.... I only needed the single trigger action, no additional keypad with a bunch of buttons....
Just a thought.
Many options, check out their catalog, and they're made in Canada too!
http://www.suregripcontrols.com/550.0013-SureGripCatalog.pdf

Thanks. I was going to go that route but when you look at the way the FEL stick comes back to you on the BX a conventional joystick wouldn't work unless I heated the FEL stick and bent it to a more upright position. I thought about doing that but figured I'd keep it as it was. I'm bookmarking that site. Thanks. :thumbsup:

/ I have to wonder why? #14  
Awesome! I do have one comment though; you could have used that stub shaft to help hold the piece when buffing.

I tell ya; if I was your neighbor you'd never get rid of me! LOL I'd love to learn to machine... if I could do it over again that's what I'd do.

One down, two more to go! (for the backhoe) LOL

/ I have to wonder why? #15  
Beautiful work. I don't have a third function on my fel but could you make me one up anyway.

/ I have to wonder why? #16  
Thanks. I was going to go that route but when you look at the way the FEL stick comes back to you on the BX a conventional joystick wouldn't work unless I heated the FEL stick and bent it to a more upright position. I thought about doing that but figured I'd keep it as it was. I'm bookmarking that site. Thanks. :thumbsup:

You're right, it would work better with the knob type, but for future reference they do have some ball type knobs in their catalog further into the pages.
How do you get to play all weekend in your shop after working in it all week? What's the wife say to that?:eek:

/ I have to wonder why?
Awesome! I do have one comment though; you could have used that stub shaft to help hold the piece when buffing.

I tell ya; if I was your neighbor you'd never get rid of me! LOL I'd love to learn to machine... if I could do it over again that's what I'd do.

One down, two more to go! (for the backhoe) LOL

Thanks. So true about using the stub shaft but I had that new buffer and wanted to try it out :laughing: I've buffed many an item in the lathe and then finish it off with Autosol. Cool, stuff. Machining is great but only if your doing it for yourself. I find it can be boring on the large machining jobs.

Beautiful work. I don't have a third function on my fel but could you make me one up anyway.

:laughing: Hey why not. Come on over. :D

You're right, it would work better with the knob type, but for future reference they do have some ball type knobs in their catalog further into the pages.
How do you get to play all weekend in your shop after working in it all week? What's the wife say to that?:eek:

That's a nice site and thanks for posting it. Well the wife don't need me in the house getting bored so she knows the best place for me is in the shop dreaming up weird ideas to add to things. ;)

/ I have to wonder why? #18  
Great job Paul. The only problem I see now is that the knobs on the BX backhoe controls don't match. I think you need to make two more! :)

Lauren

/ I have to wonder why?
Great job Paul. The only problem I see now is that the knobs on the BX backhoe controls don't match. I think you need to make two more! :)

Lauren

That's so true my friend. Looks like I got another project. :laughing:
Hope your doing well.