I hit my flagpole with my front-end loader

/ I hit my flagpole with my front-end loader #21  
Mine got bent under similar circumstances. The single point of contact methods will dent the pole. I filled it with sand and parked it on some soft grass. Then I drove on the high spot with my front truck wheel. It got most of the bend out of it. To make it look ok and keep the flag flying, I stuck an iron pipe in the ground recepticle and pushed it to a small angle. This canceled the remaining lean. Now the pole is vertical at flag height and the kink/offset is at ground level and considered to be a 'feature'. Mine is a 35' tapered aluminum pole ($2000) so simply replacing it with a new one and hiding the damage to the gift was not a realistic option!

/ I hit my flagpole with my front-end loader #22  
I would reset the footing in the ground to compensate for the bend. You'd have a one of a kind flag pole with a lot of character! :D....and I'm sure it would be a great conversation piece(probably already is?). Put some landscaping around the pole so you don't accidently hit it again. Put a schrub on either side of the pole and groom them to follow the bend in the pole. :rolleyes:

Don :)

/ I hit my flagpole with my front-end loader
Thanks, for all the suggestions. I am planning on fixing it this weekend. So I'll let everyone know how I make out. Thanks again, eddy622611

/ I hit my flagpole with my front-end loader #24  
What? no pictures of the blunder ?;)

/ I hit my flagpole with my front-end loader #25  
eddy, Could you get someone to turn a wood plug on a lathe & drive it into the pipe? MikeD74T