I need a bigger tractor

/ I need a bigger tractor
John Miller,
The post of how to operate the 4700, has a link to get to the whole manual of the 4700, do you have that for the 5105 or 5205, I just want to see how all the controls are postioned on the 5105. Thanks

/ I need a bigger tractor #22  
00003e5bvgrgnzzd.jpg
s2g10a22.gif

John Deere 5105 and 5205 Advantage Series Utility Tractors
An accurate and easy-to-read electronic instrument panel, featuring backlighting for excellent night visibility, monitors these key tractor operating and performance functions:
· Tachometer
· Engine speed control lever
· Digital LCD hour meter
· Fuel gauge
· Coolant temperature gauge
· Oil pressure indicator light
· Battery charge light
· Air restriction indicator light
· PTO engagement light
· Flasher/turn signal indicator lights
· High beam indicator light
· Horn button (field installed option shown)

Control levers are color- and shape-coded for easier recognition and are positioned for comfortable and convenient operation.
· To the operator's right:
o Foot throttle
o Gear shift lever - ''in-line'' shift pattern
o Rockshaft position control lever
o Rockshaft draft control lever (optional)
o Single SCV lever (optional)
o Dual SCV levers (optional)
o Differential lock pedal
· To the operator's left:
o Range/sychronized directional shift lever
o PTO engagement lever
o MFWD engagement lever (optional)
· Other controls:
o The key switch is recessed on the control console
o The brake pedal lock/release lever is also mounted on this control console
o Deluxe seat fore/aft adjustment lever is on the front center of the seat support

Comfortable deluxe seat with fully adjustable fore/aft and weight adjustment and retractable seat belts

s2g10a28.gif

Deluxe, Vinyl Seat with Retractable Seat Belts
A deluxe seat is standard equipment to give the operator a comfortable ride.
· Adjustable fore/aft along an inclined sliding rail using a lever in front of the seat.
· Suspension adjusts to operator's weight (110 to 290 lb.).
· Seat is suspended by two springs with a hydraulic dampener.
· Retractable seat belts are included to ensure belts are easily accessible.
· Folding armrests can be ordered as an attachment to provide additional operator comfort.

Comfortable operator station

s2g10a21.gif

Spacious and uncluttered Operator Station

The 5000 Advantage Series tractor's operator station is designed to position the operator farther forward and slightly lower than most other tractors in their class.
· Improves ride and visibility.
Side-mounted shift levers and underslung clutch and brake pedals contribute to a clean platform design and make it easier for operator to get on and off the tractor.
· Underslung pedals also make clutch pedal operation easier for the operator when the tractor is used in applications such as loader work, which require the pedals to be used frequently.

s2g10a31.gif

Broad left side step enhances access to the operator's station.
· The right-hand step is optional.

18-48044-JFM3BW5205SigFile.JPG

Thanks again. Does the 5105 and 5205, Have turn signals, and a tilt steering wheel? But my main concern or I would be sold on one of the 2 is, the transmission, Ive never really used one with a clutch, So first of all is it fairly easy to use with a loader. And when your moving can you change gears or do you have to stop? Thanks
Cliff

/ I need a bigger tractor #24  
Cliff,
Yes it has tilt wheel and blinkers. No you don't have to stop to shift gears, it's a synchro transmission. Unless you have a hydro or the power reverser using a loader is more of a chore because you have to stop and shift gears from forward to reverse. With the power reverser you just flip the switch and no clutch.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

John,
One more thing on the 5105, do you know the speeds of all the gears? Thanks

/ I need a bigger tractor #26  
OK John, I give up. If that stuff isn't on the Deere site yet how did you get it on line for the rest of us. If that's a scan of your brochure it sure came out crisp and clear. Don't tell me you typed all that in by hand? I continue to be amazed Professor Miller /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

15-43440-790signaturegif.gif

I know he's Like Mr.Wizard at finding that stuff. He is a very big help.

/ I need a bigger tractor #28  
Cliff... you owe me big time now.../w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

John Deere 5105/5205 Ground Speed Estimates

Based on rear ag tires – 16.9-28 R1 @ 2300 rpm engine speed:
1. A-1 1.94 mph
2. A-2 2.79 mph
3. A-3 3.94 mph
4. A-4 5.52 mph
5. B-1 6.80 mph
6. B-2 9.74 mph
7. B-3 13.76 mph
8. B-4 19.29 mph
R-1 2.33 mph
R-2 3.32 mph
R-3 4.70 mph
R-4 6.59 mph

Now Cliff, I’m glad I don’t have a 24 speed…/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

At full throttle between 2550-2600 rpm engine speed in 8th gear, I’m traveling about 26 mph. {Father following, clocking me}… Let me tell you… that’s F-A-S-T on a tractor! /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif Did you realize they have a steering angle of 55 degrees… Just don’t try this at home…/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

John Really Really thanks alot, I do owe you one. That really is fast!!! I think for the size and money I like the 5205. Do you have a loader on yours? Thanks, Cliff

/ I need a bigger tractor #30  
Now Rob... you want to see some typing... my 14 year old girl does about 85 wpm with about 99.9% accuracy... Honest!

That was "captured" from John Deere's website... config section... and you thought I typed all that... Golly...

For all the beginner typists out there, seriously get Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing, give it to you kids @ age 10... guaranteed, 1 hour per day, in one week... 35 wpm minimum. /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG