I need a faster Zero Turn mower or can I make mine faster?

/ I need a faster Zero Turn mower or can I make mine faster? #11  
Some of the smaller zero turns will end up with a top speed of maybe 7mph. Maybe less.

/ I need a faster Zero Turn mower or can I make mine faster? #12  
Is it gas? How about Nitrous?

I find most of my hydrostat machines too slow for the road, Except my Cushman but it is a municipal machine and I guess travel speed is a requirment.

/ I need a faster Zero Turn mower or can I make mine faster? #13  
The answer is simple. Buy your rental properties on the same block!

/ I need a faster Zero Turn mower or can I make mine faster? #14  
IIRC, the Z225 is sold at the big box stores. It's very much a residential-grade unit. Long travel times at faster than designed speeds, if reasonably possible, would shorten the service life of the hydros significantly.

I would upgrade to an appropriate mower.

I have found it's not worth my time to mow my rentals... I have it done.

/ I need a faster Zero Turn mower or can I make mine faster? #15  
I have also quit mowing my rent properties and have someone closer mow for me during the warm part of the year and one can write it off as a business expense. I did it myself for over 15 years and also found out it was not worth my time.

/ I need a faster Zero Turn mower or can I make mine faster? #16  
Can you find a way to simplify your transportation of the mower? Say a cheap not full sized pickup (so it's lower to the ground) that you can put a flat bed that you can drive on? That seams like the only other answer to replacing it with a commercial unit. Either way, as a business expense, you can write it off. Don't know about where you are but some of the cities near me would frown on someone repeatedly driving a mower on the sidewalks. You might be able to get away with it on the road if you had a slow moving vehicle triangle but I'm guessing the law would require it to be registered.

/ I need a faster Zero Turn mower or can I make mine faster? #17  
My dads renter is crazy. His yard was over 2 acres, and I was charging him $30 to mow it. He apparently decided that was too much, and he bought a push mower. He keeps it mowed slick, more often then he paid me to mow it

Last edited:
   / I need a faster Zero Turn mower or can I make mine faster? #18  
Perhaps a dedicated small ramp trailer that you never use for anything else. Something with short tires and a fixed fold down full width ramp. Attach a couple of correct length straps so they never leave the trailer by bolting or attaching with a clevis and tighten it up really well to discourage you or someone else from borrowing the straps. Drive on, toss a couple straps and away you go.

I had a JD Z225, sold it and did a significant upgrade to a Exmark Navigator. It is almost twice as fast and bags very nicely. So you could dedicate the JD to the rentals and leave it at a rental or on your trailer....and buy yourself a nice mower for your home.

/ I need a faster Zero Turn mower or can I make mine faster? #19  
My dads renter is crazy. His yard was over 2 acres, and I was charging him $30 to mow it. He apparently decided that was too much, and he bought a push mower. He keeps it mowed slick, more often then he paid me to mow it

I don't mean to be rude, but if you were mowing over 2 acres for $30, YOU might be crazy too. That's less than $15 per acre gross. When you subtract the cost of fuel and wear and tear on your equipment, then it was probably just a breakeven proposition at best.

/ I need a faster Zero Turn mower or can I make mine faster? #20  
I had a older version of this Swisher Response 66 in. 27 HP Briggs & Stratton Zero-Turn Riding Mower i got from home depot it was fast but it broke constantly so I sold it after 1 season for 500.00 less then I paid for it. Then bought a John Deere d170 54 inch which was a little better but much slower and also breaks down a bunch.
So now I just got a Kubota mx5800sht with 72 inch mower and its to slow also in 1st hst gear setting. Im gonna try 2nd gear next mow. If it is still to slow im gonna just disc my 5 acres of grass or get a bad boy zero turn mower that goes 16mph. The john Deere took 6 hours the Kubota took 5 in 1st hst gear. The swisher 66 only took 4 hours but it was a total pos in the fact that something broke with every mow.