I ran over this....what is it?

/ I ran over this....what is it? #1  

N80

Tractor
Kubota L4400 4wd w/LA 703 FEL
I was driving through a small town yesterday when it sounded like something crashed into the side of my truck. I did not see anything in the road and thought maybe a man hole cover had come up. I pulled over and could not find any damage to my truck. Then I walked down the road and found the item in the picture below.

Just curious as to what it is. My guesses: something to pull man hole covers up with? One of those spikes the steel workers use to line up bolt holes in girders? The point is very precisely tapered. It is about two feet long.

IMG_2283.jpg

/ I ran over this....what is it? #4  
What he said^

See them a lot on mechanics benches, occasionally useful for putting a little wiggle on a flywheel or similar that’s not wanting to start moving for a puller.

/ I ran over this....what is it?
Thanks guys.

No telling what it did to the underside of my truck. I did not get to do a thorough inspection today. Will get under there tomorrow.

But at least I got a new tool!

/ I ran over this....what is it? #6  
We call them ladyfingers, quite handy at times.

I looked them up and the description said they can also be used as an alignment drift.

/ I ran over this....what is it? #8  
Style C—Gooseneck Wedge End × Straight Point End

I have all four sizes in my tool box.

I thought I had or wanted to have most every sort of practical tool and now I discover these things that I never knew existed.

It will go in my truck tool box.

I got under the truck this morning and I can’t find any damage or even a mark. That surprises me because the sound it made sounded like stuff coming apart.

Unrelated but I did find old oil around my rear diff cover. 2015 Nissan Titan. Notorious for clogged diff vent filters for the entire 11 years of that model. I’ve been a Nissan guy since 1984. This truck has been a real….well, I won’t use the word….suffice it to say it will probably be my last Nissan.

/ I ran over this....what is it? #10  
I ALWAYS CALLED THEM "LADY SLIPPERS" I HAVE TWO SETS, ONE LARGE AND ONE SMALL.