Buying Advice I think this is a DK35se Is it a good deal?

/ I think this is a DK35se Is it a good deal? #61  
Island, is it because with the rear remote you can "feather" the grapple closing speed? and with the electric over hydraulic true 3rd function you cannot? I plan to get a grapple someday.. and considered that I would hook it up with the rear remote at least at first to save $750.

James K0UA
Hi KOua. You asked about feathering... The closing speed of the jaws is very smooth with my setup. No need for additional feathering. I know $750 is pricy. After pricing things out part by part, there wasn't much difference in building it myself vs. buying the kit. IslandTractor makes a good point about investing in other implements vs. the kit. It's just a matter of personal preference. I especially like the Joystick control where you have to actually reach for the separate buttons... they are not in the way.
IMG_0386s.jpg

Check out the 'Everything Attachments" video on the 3rd function valve and you'll get an idea as to how smooth the jaws operate.:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTH-KpP3gO8

Last edited:
   / I think this is a DK35se Is it a good deal? #62  
Hi KOua. You asked about feathering... The closing speed of the jaws is very smooth with my setup. No need for additional feathering. I know $750 is pricy. After pricing things out part by part, there wasn't much difference in building it myself vs. buying the kit. IslandTractor makes a good point about investing in other implements vs. the kit. It's just a matter of personal preference. I especially like the Joystick control where you have to actually reach for the separate buttons... they are not in the way.
View attachment 279961

Check out the 'Everything Attachments" video on the 3rd function valve and you'll get an idea as to how smooth the jaws operate.:)

Very nice looking setup.

James K0UA

/ I think this is a DK35se Is it a good deal? #63  
Misfire said:
Not all Bobcat dealers carry the CUTs. Poster on another recent thread said that those that don't aren't allowed to order parts for them, so it's not automatic that he can find support at a Knoxville area Bobcat dealer. He would need to verify that.

No need for conjecture. There is a Bobcat dealer west of Knoxville who carries and services the CUT line. I should know! There's also a Kioti dealer between here and Chattanooga. An hour or so is not too bad to get to a dealer.

/ I think this is a DK35se Is it a good deal? #64  
Why are the photos dated 04/2008? Just saying.
DevilDog

/ I think this is a DK35se Is it a good deal? #65  
devildog1 said:
DevilDog

Probably didn't set the camera clock.

/ I think this is a DK35se Is it a good deal? #66  
DevilDog
Heck, at my age and all these gizzmos, I ddn't even bother to check the clock on the camera. Something more to put on my list of to do's. Thanks for letting me know. :confused2:

/ I think this is a DK35se Is it a good deal? #67