Buying Advice I think this is a DK35se Is it a good deal?

/ I think this is a DK35se Is it a good deal? #41  
Power Tracs are superior in the woods, unless the woods are flat. Even then they can hold their own with a CUT. On sloping or uneven ground, there is nothing better anywhere near their price. Their bottom side is plate steel with minimal penetrations. There is very little chance of damaging one clearing stuff, as happened to the unfortunate owners of the M6800 who recently posted. And they can go places no same person would take a conventional tractor.

But for someone with 160 acres of row crops, not a good choice.

/ I think this is a DK35se Is it a good deal? #42  
Power Tracs are superior in the woods, unless the woods are flat. Even then they can hold their own with a CUT. On sloping or uneven ground, there is nothing better anywhere near their price. Their bottom side is plate steel with minimal penetrations. There is very little chance of damaging one clearing stuff, as happened to the unfortunate owners of the M6800 who recently posted. And they can go places no same person would take a conventional tractor.

But for someone with 160 acres of row crops, not a good choice.

The one you posted only has 9 inches ground clearence, you would not even enter my woods let alone do anything with those small tires.

/ I think this is a DK35se Is it a good deal?
Yes. I think I will need to be over to crawl over some lumpiness... semi-rotted logs and such.

/ I think this is a DK35se Is it a good deal? #44  
The one you posted only has 9 inches ground clearence, you would not even enter my woods let alone do anything with those small tires.

You simply don't understand Power Tracs. They both articulate and oscillate There is an independent hydraulic motor on every wheel, fed in a manner that prevents wheel spin on unloaded wheels. If any wheel has traction, it will go.

Most of these are smaller than the PT-1430. Being low to the ground is what makes them safe on slopes and rough terrain.

View attachment 279799

View attachment 279802

View attachment 279804

View attachment 279808

View attachment 279811

View attachment 279812

Last edited:
   / I think this is a DK35se Is it a good deal? #45  
Looks like a toy to me. Call out the brigade!!! That will not replace a tractor as you stated it will.

/ I think this is a DK35se Is it a good deal? #46  
Have you considered a skid steer? I used to have a 16 hp Yanmar 4wd tractor with no FEL however i had over a dozen rear attachments for it. When ever i needed a FEL for clearing I would borrow my neighbor's BX Kubota with FEL. With my experience on those two tractors plus a Deere 3720 (44 hp) they did okay when clearing, but always lacked the power to the ground and the tractive effort I desired. This last January I sold my Yanmar and a week later I went out and got a Deere 317 skid steer. I got my Deere for several thousand less than that Kioti with only 1000 hours plus it weighs 7000 lbs and is powered by a 61 hp Diesel engine. With the underside completely solid with zero places for brush and debris to get into, it is excellent in the woods. I did some clearing with it just last week and noticed a huge advantage in it's maneuverability, where it will go i cant imagine on a CUT. Plus you get the steel cage that protects you from the surrounding brush so you don't get whacked in the face, the ROPS on a compact tractor are known to catch tree limbs and whack the operator. Plus you don't have to worry about running hydraulic lines all the way from the back of the machine to the front for a grapple, you already have auxiliary hydraulic ports ready to use. Some rental companies will even rent out skid steer attachments, this will increase the versatility of your machine plus allow you to accomplish a wider variety of chores. What got me sold on a skid steer was how much work you can accomplish in a day, how fun they are to operate, the reliability of a commercial designed product, the low cost of used construction equipment in this economy, the 2100 lbs rated operating capacity, and the serviceability of the John Deere 300 series skid steers (the best in the industry IMHO). Just something to take into consideration. :)
007.jpg

/ I think this is a DK35se Is it a good deal? #47  
Skid steers are great for clearing operations but they are mostly useless for land maintenance. Also, a solid bush hog for a tractor will cost $1000-2000 while the equivalent front mounted hydraulic powered cutter for a SS will cost about $4000. They are much faster and more powerful with FEL work but kinda lack the flexibility of a traditional tractor to do other tasks.

/ I think this is a DK35se Is it a good deal? #48  
Skid steers are great for clearing operations but they are mostly useless for land maintenance. Also, a solid bush hog for a tractor will cost $1000-2000 while the equivalent front mounted hydraulic powered cutter for a SS will cost about $4000. They are much faster and more powerful with FEL work but kinda lack the flexibility of a traditional tractor to do other tasks.

And you don't see them on side slopes or in the Appalachian rough woods too often. Not a good fit. They are designed and marketed mainly for construction site activities. They also tear the crap out of lawns. After all they are skid steers.

/ I think this is a DK35se Is it a good deal? #49