i want hydraulics to the rear of my 4010 compact...

/ i want hydraulics to the rear of my 4010 compact... #1  

gcfisher75

Tractor
john deere 4010 compact
Hi all, new to TBN as a member, have always looked at various posts and found the site informative... Anyhow, I have a john deere 4010 that i use to maintain my property and i also have a small side business with a mini excavator that i do ditch work with. The tractor I use for backfilling and ground prep for seeding and such... I would like to get a bigger tractor at some point, but my current situation leaves me with what i have, I would like to have hydraulic top and tilt, and or power beyond for use like a log splitter.... etc. I feel the top and tilt would come in very handy for my box blade and also i could use one of the circuits for an angle cylinder for my york rake... I'm not sure where i have to tap into the tractor to feed two valves... thank you in advance for all your help!

/ i want hydraulics to the rear of my 4010 compact... #2  
G'day and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

Do you have a front end loader (FEL) and, if you do, does it have a third function to operate a 4in1 bucket or grapple?

/ i want hydraulics to the rear of my 4010 compact...
I do have a front end loader but no 3rd function. In the future with the purchase of a larger tractor 3rd function is something that would be of value to me, however i find it would probably be a waste for the light lifting capacity of the 410 loader i have now...

/ i want hydraulics to the rear of my 4010 compact... #4  
If your loader valve has hoses going to it and not hard lines, the plumbing for all of this is pretty easy.

The loader is hardline to the quick couplers... from there it is hoses... i could plumb hoses to the QC's, but then i would have the loader or the T&T, and to switch back and forth would have to hook and unhook hoses... that doesn't seem very efficient..

/ i want hydraulics to the rear of my 4010 compact... #6  
The loader is hardline to the quick couplers... from there it is hoses... i could plumb hoses to the QC's, but then i would have the loader or the T&T, and to switch back and forth would have to hook and unhook hoses... that doesn't seem very efficient..

It is not an option I would recommend.:eek: You need to do some research and see how JD runs the other aux hydraulics. Check to see about a power beyond source that they would have feed a back hoe with.

/ i want hydraulics to the rear of my 4010 compact... #7  
If your valve has a FEL, then there is a high pressure line going to the back for the 3pt.

Remove the 3pt input and connect it to the remote valve and run the PB from the remote valve to the 3pt input.

Tank line goes to tank.

If your valve has a FEL, then there is a high pressure line going to the back for the 3pt.

Remove the 3pt input and connect it to the remote valve and run the PB from the remote valve to the 3pt input.

Tank line goes to tank.

Ok, with that being said I'm assuming I'm going to use the ports in these pictures? image_02.pngimage_03.jpg

First time posting pictures, I hope that worked...can any one tell me which one will be the pressure side of that valve and which is the return?

/ i want hydraulics to the rear of my 4010 compact... #10  
You need have the aux hydraulic BLOCK between your valve and the rockshaft housing like the 4100 uses for rear remotes. JD doesn't list that block part for a 4010 but they both use the same part number for the valve so I don't know why it wouldn't work except for clearance issue with the fender maybe

Picture#1 is 4010 valve/ Picture #2 4100 valve and shows block (#38) /Picture#3 is aux block plumbing for rear hydraulics /pic#4 is the 4010 valve breakdown

MP28498________UN17JUN02.gifMP38382 4100.gifm0001293391.gifMP28499________UN31MAY02.gif