i want hydraulics to the rear of my 4010 compact...

/ i want hydraulics to the rear of my 4010 compact...
You need have the aux hydraulic BLOCK between your valve and the rockshaft housing like the 4100 uses for rear remotes. JD doesn't list that block part for a 4010 but they both use the same part number for the valve so I don't know why it wouldn't work except for clearance issue with the fender maybe

Picture#1 is 4010 valve/ Picture #2 4100 valve and shows block (#38) /Picture#3 is aux block plumbing for rear hydraulics /pic#4 is the 4010 valve breakdown

View attachment 417451View attachment 417452View attachment 417455View attachment 417453

Thank you, those pictures are very useful!

/ i want hydraulics to the rear of my 4010 compact... #12  
JD parts lets you search online with diagrams and part numbers. You can also cross reference a part number to see what other models use the same part. Like the loader valve is the same for 4010, 4100, 4110, 4115, 2210, 2320, 2520, 2720, 2305, 2023R, 2027R Also you can search those part numbers for online dealer pricing.

John Deere - Parts Catalog

That valve doesn't adapt very easy to a simple hosed PB plumbing set up to another valve so I would think you are somewhat limited with that. The block allows for outflow and return whether it there is another control valve (I have that setup for a hyd toplink and also controlled a dump trailer that way too) or just a full flow/return line out to something like log splitter with it own control valve. Just remember it cant dead head you always need an open loop flow back to tank. The JD PB kit does just that, the large hose shown in the kit loops the flow back when not in use with an open center valve.

If you go for those parts there is certainly enough experience here on TBN to get you through the installation. And there might be some blocks available if you ask because the old kits supplied an xtra one along with other pieces needed which can be had individually too. Curious to if can be done on 4010 and why the kit wasn't applied to that model

The cheapest and most simple way out would be some xtra hoses from the loader connects to the back there was once a special JD kit for doing just that too. But like you point out its one or the other... loader or rear hyd control.

These are some quick pics I just took of my xtra control valve setup with PB kit

valve.jpg valve2.jpg valve3.jpg

Last edited:
So in theory if I have the clearance, I could just buy that block, and plumb the rest from a local hydraulic hose store? I know if I buy everything from john deere that my wallet will run dry.. lol may start with just power beyond like to run a log splitter and use the required connecting hose... and then add valves later on as I go...

/ i want hydraulics to the rear of my 4010 compact... #14  
That machined block would be the most expensive piece you need to acquire.
Part#'s 16 ,17,18 19, would get it started minus any hoses (or control valves).
The allen head set screw 19 is most important.

Mounting bolts #23 are probably longer too maybe...maybe not. Part#'s would need to be cross referenced

The block adds no more than an inch I think its just 3/4" wide. Is there an access plate on the right fender to get at the hydraulic line banjo bolts?

I think removal of the fender will be the easiest means of access, and if need be I can probably fabricate up a way to move the fender out to acquire the needed room for the plate..

/ i want hydraulics to the rear of my 4010 compact... #16  
It's an open Center hydraulic system. Just plumb the new valve block in series into any high pressure line of your choice.do no run the return line for the new valve block back to sump as if it was closed center. A relief valve must be in the circuit and set properly. Possible a line for the relief function only back to sump.