I wouldn't even ride along on this rig.

/ I wouldn't even ride along on this rig. #21  
Stupid, why grow grain on a slope like that? Do they not have flatter ground for that purpose? I have been reading Louis Bromfield's books and this reminds me of the unsustainable farming practices that he talks about. I really hope that they are at least smart enough to be using no till practices.
I wasn't going to post this but the more I thought about it I decided to.
Calling productive work stupid is an asinine response.
That is simply amazing equipment being used to it's maximum. Side hill combines have been around for many years both in this country and many others. Much tillable ground is not "flat" and agriculture practices have been developed to work that ground.
Just observing those hill sides and not seeing any washes or gulleys I would say that they are doing very good practices.
To me your statement brings to mind a know all, do nothing position.
Simple looking at the grain heads and how well they are filled out shows the productivity of that ground.

/ I wouldn't even ride along on this rig. #22  
Bet he doesn't have to spend thousands on auto steer/ trac, precision ag etc, plus has the skills and insight as operator to keep that combine upright.
If you read the comments in the video, it says the mechanism to keep it level is automated.

/ I wouldn't even ride along on this rig. #23  
Right up there with a Menzi Muck used in a different application

About 30 seconds into that video, a guy comes sliding down the hill and says "UUUHHH!" Seems that part of language is universal! :ROFLMAO:

Boy that's steep.

/ I wouldn't even ride along on this rig. #24  
If you read the comments in the video, it says the mechanism to keep it level is automated.
No, didn't read comments, Still, probably takes some skill to pick a proper line at that grade.

/ I wouldn't even ride along on this rig. #26  
If like side hill combines is a simple pendulum system for keeping machine level while the head tilts. Newer machines may be using electronic systems today but was part of machine not an add on feature. Operator could also shut system off for road travel or manually tilt for service.

/ I wouldn't even ride along on this rig. #27  
Hard to see in some angles in the video, but that excavator has a winch with a cable running up to an anchor out of sight above.

Bruce

/ I wouldn't even ride along on this rig. #28  
Hard to see in some angles in the video, but that excavator has a winch with a cable running up to an anchor out of sight above.

Bruce
Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't notice it.

/ I wouldn't even ride along on this rig. #30  

Bruce
Yep. Someone posted more videos of them a few years ago. Hanging by a winch cable. Yerks! o_O