Idea for BX25 accessory (lighting)

/ Idea for BX25 accessory (lighting) #11  
Scooby, I am 99% certain Kubota offers an optional rear work light for all their US tractors. Those I've seen mount to a bracket on one of the vertical ROPS posts. Their tractors usually come with a wire run to the back that is tied into the ignition switch via a relay for ease of installation. Have you checked for you model?

PS - had a JD X485 with the rear backup lights. They were nice for backing up at night but didn't illuminate a very large area. You might have the same issue converting your Kubota rear marker lights.

/ Idea for BX25 accessory (lighting) #12  
I made a magnetic light bar that goes on the top off the ROPS. It includes a heavy duty cord that wraps around the vertical part of the ROPS and plugs into a power plug behind the seat. The light bar has two forward facing trapezoid lights and two more facing rearward.

They work perfectly with one exception, I have to really watch my overhead clearances when they're mounted. Not a big deal as I never mow at night and mowing is the only time that I drive underneath the trees.

Also, I temporarily placed some worklights underneath the top of the ROPS and found that they were much too close to my head!!

/ Idea for BX25 accessory (lighting) #13  
Scooby, I am 99% certain Kubota offers an optional rear work light for all their US tractors. Those I've seen mount to a bracket on one of the vertical ROPS posts. Their tractors usually come with a wire run to the back that is tied into the ignition switch via a relay for ease of installation. Have you checked for you model?

PS - had a JD X485 with the rear backup lights. They were nice for backing up at night but didn't illuminate a very large area. You might have the same issue converting your Kubota rear marker lights.

About two years ago I purchased a Kubota rear work light for the BX25 that I had at the time.With the tax that we pay it was about 130 dollars.There wasn't much to the kit:a couple of wires,a bracket and the light with a built in switch.I will have to say that I was quite disappointed in the quality and performance of the light.I think I could have got more illumination from a flashlight.I talked to the dealer but he wasn't willing to give me a refund as he had to order the light in for me.He said to check the ground but it made no difference.The output of the light was so poor I took it off and left it on the shelf.I would be very cautious if buying a work light from Kubota.

/ Idea for BX25 accessory (lighting) #14  
I got a xenon 55watt flood light, than got a magnet from harbor fright, put a cigarret plug on and its wonderful. only draws a couple of amps:thumbsup:

/ Idea for BX25 accessory (lighting)
About two years ago I purchased a Kubota rear work light for the BX25 that I had at the time.With the tax that we pay it was about 130 dollars.There wasn't much to the kit:a couple of wires,a bracket and the light with a built in switch.I will have to say that I was quite disappointed in the quality and performance of the light.I think I could have got more illumination from a flashlight.I talked to the dealer but he wasn't willing to give me a refund as he had to order the light in for me.He said to check the ground but it made no difference.The output of the light was so poor I took it off and left it on the shelf.I would be very cautious if buying a work light from Kubota.

Thanks. Thats good info.:thumbsup:

CHDinCT: in light of kcender's post im probably going to avoid the factory Kubota light

Would you say the deere lights would be adequate to run a showblower or backhoe? I dont need hundreds of watts as if i had a 20' disk back there to watch. I really only need to light the area within the swing of the backhoe and maybe a bit more.

I really like the look of those LED's from SoundOff i posted earlier. They even have a flood lens and a 15* angled lens and come in a very compact package. The angle lens could be useful to project the light around the operators legs if he was sitting in the BH seat.

Only problem is the cheapest price i could find was $95/ea then theres shipping to me.. Its not a cheap solution by any means.

/ Idea for BX25 accessory (lighting) #17  
I have the BXpanded work lights for my BX24. Couldn't ask for any better illumination. Very simple to install. Work Lights

I've wondered about these... Did you go with the 2 light or 3 light setup?? Thanks!

/ Idea for BX25 accessory (lighting) #18  
I'm with Jason in having the factory installed lighting, especially with a backhoe model. But his fender light idea would only be better than nothing as I see it. Doing such work in the dark would need the lighting to be up at a higher angle and wider coverage. My BX2660 front lights are adequate without the FEL. But the BX Expanded set up (two light) works great. It's just not as esthetic as a factory design could be. A DIY could build them cheaper if he really had some experience. And yes, they are on top of the ROPS and may get knocked off someday....but so might I.:D

/ Idea for BX25 accessory (lighting) #19  
Would you say the deere lights would be adequate to run a showblower or backhoe? I dont need hundreds of watts as if i had a 20' disk back there to watch. I really only need to light the area within the swing of the backhoe and maybe a bit more.

Scooby, sold the JD X485 back in early 2008 and never really used it at night. I only recall seeing them when I backed the tractor into the garage at dusk or so. Like others have said, especially for BH work, you really need something up higher and more of a flood pattern IMHO. The JD lights would be low and to your sides and might be distracting as much as helpful.

The BXpanded work light from what I recall is magnetic and plugs into the DC plug (i.e., cig lighter) so it could be mounted as needed then removed if you don't like the aesthetics.

/ Idea for BX25 accessory (lighting) #20  
This is a good thread, and it got me going on some rear lights for my BX. I settled on this rugged LED unit from SoundOff Signals:

4" Round LED work light (500 lumens)

EWLC0500DBD(x)0W_02.jpg

I just need to decide where to mount them...