Idea for BX25 accessory (lighting)

/ Idea for BX25 accessory (lighting)
This is a good thread, and it got me going on some rear lights for my BX. I settled on this rugged LED unit from SoundOff Signals:

4" Round LED work light (500 lumens)

EWLC0500DBD(x)0W_02.jpg

I just need to decide where to mount them...

Do you have it installed yet? How are the soundoff products? Durable? How about the 500Lumens? Enough light? The Mighty Nitelights i posted earlier are 350 Lumens, and im curious if thats enough.

/ Idea for BX25 accessory (lighting) #23  
Do you have it installed yet? How are the soundoff products? Durable? How about the 500Lumens? Enough light? The Mighty Nitelights i posted earlier are 350 Lumens, and im curious if thats enough.

I ordered them today ($65 each). Based on my search efforts these appear to be the highest quality available. Die cast aluminum housing, powder coated, Lexan lens, 3 year no questions asked warrantee, and the company is a leading supplier of police vehicle lighting. I'm pretty sure they are good to go.

/ Idea for BX25 accessory (lighting) #24  
I made a magnetic light bar that goes on the top off the ROPS.
They work perfectly with one exception,
1*I have to really watch my overhead clearances when they're mounted.
Also, I temporarily placed some worklights underneath the top of the ROPS and found that
2*they were much too close to my head!!
1* and 2*
This is why you don't mount lights on top of or under the rops .
The best place is on the back edge of the ROPS as this location gives you both the most head clearance under the lights and the most clearance under branches for the lights. .

/ Idea for BX25 accessory (lighting) #25  
Just looked at Sirennet.com and they show the Mighty night alley light at 500 lumens. I'm thinking about mounting 2 flush on the upper rops, one to the front and one to the rear. I really like the idea of the flush light.

/ Idea for BX25 accessory (lighting)
Just looked at Sirennet.com and they show the Mighty night alley light at 500 lumens. I'm thinking about mounting 2 flush on the upper rops, one to the front and one to the rear. I really like the idea of the flush light.

Ive seen it listed as both 500 lumens and 350 lumens.

Im thinking "permanent" magnetic mount to the lower part of the rops, near the signal lights.

/ Idea for BX25 accessory (lighting) #27  
The BXpanded work light from what I recall is magnetic and plugs into the DC plug (i.e., cig lighter) so it could be mounted as needed then removed if you don't like the aesthetics.

Actually, they mount with a special Quick-On bracket (no magnets, no tools) and plug into the existing work light circuit at the rear of the tractor. They can mount above, below, or on the inside or outside of the side of the ROPS. They can be removed or installed in about a minute. They have a wired ground so they don't require scraping off the paint as do chassis grounded lights and can be moved around in seconds.

/ Idea for BX25 accessory (lighting) #28  
I have a BX2660.I pulled my ROPS, disconnecting the rear lights. Put a wood block over the ROPS bolts, mounted two switchable spotlites I bought for $25 and connected them to the rear light wiring. Headlites turn on,rear spots turn on.

/ Idea for BX25 accessory (lighting) #29  
:cool:The neat thing about the BX-expanded light "quick-attach" is that you can reverse, move forward..backward etc with little effort. I just realized that I don't actually use the lights that often. Thus I just turned them upside down under the ROPS so that my canvas tarp cover fits better (tractor stored outdoors) and they won't be in the way if I'm in a low clearance situation. Sitting high on the bar make for the best lighting when I do use them however.