Ideas on what mix this dog is.

/ Ideas on what mix this dog is. #21  
When I was going to pick her up the lady that had her told me she was a chocolate lab. Well, she didn't look like any pure lab I have been around and doesn't really have the body of a lab. She is very skinny, fast and able to jump into the back of my 2006 F-250 with the tailgate up from a stand still without touching the bumper or the back of the tailgate. I was thinking she may be a lab mix with greyhound or something similar because she will easily run circles around any pure bred lab around here and hates water but is great with Ava and other kids and has an excellent nose for tracking.

She has to be part Australian Roo to do that! :cool:We need a video!!;)

/ Ideas on what mix this dog is. #22  
moored4 said:
She has to be part Australian Roo to do that! :cool:We need a video!!;)

There will be no video. I've discouraged her from doing that as there may be something in there that she shouldn't jump blindly on to.

/ Ideas on what mix this dog is. #23  
German shepherd or Australian sheep dog.
-matt

/ Ideas on what mix this dog is. #24  
The mask and the coloring suggest German shepherd mix, but sometimes short haired collies will have a similar mask. However, the black body coloring suggests GSD.

It may be the aggression issues are just a question of who wants to be top dog.

/ Ideas on what mix this dog is. #25  
Its what we in Idaho call a Curbside Setter :laughing:

/ Ideas on what mix this dog is. #26  
How about this little guy? I was told lab/golden/shep, he's about 3 months - 14 lbs.

image-3736385661.jpg

. (hope pic posts)

/ Ideas on what mix this dog is. #27  
I really don't think anyone can tell what breed a mutt is by looking at its features. I owned nothing but Heinz 57 breeds for the first 35 years of my life and we raised quite a few litters.

In most litters, the pups would look completely different even when they had the same father. One might look like a dachshund, another like a fox terrier and another like a lab even though none of the parents resembled these breeds.

In many foreign countries I have visited where dogs typically run the streets and purebreds are not common, it seems that if dogs interbreed long enough it results in most of them being red middle sized dogs.