If buying new what would You Buy

/ If buying new what would You Buy #21  
I picked up a camo Honda Pioneer 4. A great all around UTV. Very smooth and fairly quiet with a sporty feel when on the trails. I've had four adults in it. You can feel the extra weight but still packs us all just fine though I do recommend stiffing the rear shocks. Unlike the Honda Big Red it has a locked rear drive so you have to be careful turning on lawns and asphalt (faster tire wear). As long as you don't turn sharp it's fine. A few complain it has to much engine brake, I wish it had a bit more. Not a power house but has the power to get you where you need to go and do what you need. Engine and (car like) tranny has been in the Rincon and proven to be super reliable. I defiantly recommend this UTV to others.

/ If buying new what would You Buy #22  
Looks like an AWD golf cart.

/ If buying new what would You Buy #23  
Looks like an AWD golf cart.
A google search found this: E-Z GO ST 4x4 - EZ GO ST 4x4

ST4x4[1].jpg

/ If buying new what would You Buy #24  
You get what you pay for. If you can find used and in good condition, you'll be better off. A golf cart is not intended for serious off road playing.

The Rhino has one of the best 4wd proven systems on the market. Tough and dependable. Hard to find a cheap one used because they hold their value. Just be sure to check the compression to make sure the motor hasn't been sunk in deep water. Also check the differentials for water and that the breather hoses are in place.

/ If buying new what would You Buy #25  
You get what you pay for. If you can find used and in good condition, you'll be better off. A golf cart is not intended for serious off road playing.
--------------------------------
This doesn't sound like a golf cart. Copied from previous link.

EZ GO ST 4x4 Features:
Honda's four-cycle 18 horsepower 614 cc gas engine, hot-dipped galvanized steel frame, and molded-in Recon Green composite front cowl.​

Other standard features include:​
dash mounted analog electric fuel gauge
two drink holders
a dash-mounted radio/cell phone holder
headlights
25" Stryker off road tires
lighted parking brake indicator
low oil indicator
front and rear differential lock indicator
four wheel drive indicator​
Total vehicle maximum payload (including passengers, gear, and fuels): 1500 lbs.
Rotomolded polymolded dump bed maximum payload capacity: 1100 lbs.

Looks like a UTV for serious working to me.
ST-4x4 [3].jpg

/ If buying new what would You Buy #26  
The Kubota RTV's are great work/farm machines.
But they are certainly not great trail machines.
Slow with suspension not set up for trail riding.

Took my RTV900 to Colorado this year and couldn't be happier with the performance. Most of the trails I ride in Colorado, 10 to 15 mph is as fast as you want to go no matter what you are riding. And they will run 25 mph all day.

/ If buying new what would You Buy #27  
Took my RTV900 to Colorado this year and couldn't be happier with the performance. Most of the trails I ride in Colorado, 10 to 15 mph is as fast as you want to go no matter what you are riding. And they will run 25 mph all day.
Glad your happy with it for trail riding.
But I wouldn't be.
My Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATV has aftermarket shocks for a nice smooth ride over the bumps at higher speeds
It will pull the front wheels when I accelerate hard from a stop and will quickly get to 70 MPH. And I'm am still wanting for more speed and power.

Last edited:
   / If buying new what would You Buy #28  
Glad your happy with it for trail riding.
But I wouldn't be.
My Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATV has aftermarket shocks for a nice smooth ride over the bumps at higher speeds
It will pull the front wheels when I accelerate hard from a stop and will quickly get to 70 MPH. And I'm am still wanting for more speed and power.

:eek:

Sounds like you are more into racing rather than enjoying the trail. Wanting more than 70mph on a trail? That's crazy! You remind me of the teen kid on a dirt bike trail up in Wayne NF. Came around a curve fast and dumped the bike to avoid me, he wasn't expecting anyone else on the trail. Twisted his ankle and minor damage to the bike. His dad arrived and said "I keep telling him to slow down but he won't listen."

/ If buying new what would You Buy #29  
I thought this would be a broad range of discussion, and I wasn't disappointed. Neither I, nor anyone else on this thread can tell you what UTV you need. The uses are even more broad than with a CUT. Your interpretation of trail riding will be much different than ours. The same with your interpretation of a good work model.

I have a Rhino. I like it's sporty feel. I also like it's utilitarian abilities. I don't like it's low side, too high geared. Also don't like that reverse is too fast. Otherwise, it's a great machine for me. Bought it used for $7K with 25 miles on it and one tiny scratch in the plastic.

Around here there are a lot of Polaris machines. Their weakness seems to be in the front differential. A lot of failures.

The toughest UTV I've been around is the Kawasaki Teryx (sp). The guy abuses this thing everytime he cranks it with no failures to date.

/ If buying new what would You Buy #30  
I will say that the Rhinos have proven themselves over the years, with plenty of them sold. Yes, there have been some trashed and had problems but overall, they are very good machines. Good resale value.
The motor's lineage goes back to the TT 500 motorcycle back in '76. But with many improvements over the years.