If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here...

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #101  
I checked the continuity of all three positions of the switch and all came out ok. When I hook the switch up, i get a 50-07 in reverse. All other settings are ok. So I used a paperclip to bypass the switch and everything seemed to work ok. I then tried starting the TC and trying the "switch" via paperclip. I got a 50-07 almost everytime in reverse. It also threw a 50-68 once, but that one didn't come up again.

So I'm a little torn. When the TC is off, it seems like the switch is bad...but when it's running, it seems it's something else. The 33-23 error is still present too. I really appreciate you helping me with all of this!

Thanks,
298th SMC
US Army

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #102  
Yeah, the results seem inconsistent with a solid failure but consistent with an intermittent. I think I'd be tempted to redo the tests. Did you get a continuity tester and test the FPR switch when it was disconnected from the wiring harness?

Basically, you have three major components that can individually or in concert give you these headaches. The components are: 1) FPR switch, 2) cab harness, 3) Drive controller.

In essence, the psuedo-flowchart (who makes these things anyway?) in the service manual walks one through an exhaustive test of the wiring harness with a jumper/paperclip as you've apparently already done. If the switch is deemed good and the harness is deemed good then the published solution is basically "troubleshoot or replace drive controller". I would be tempted to test the harness by unplugging at the FPR switch and the drive controller and test for continuity. On the 2007 model, this connector to the D.C. is behind the cab and you're getting into an area where significant differences between Toolcat models may exist...so heads-up.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #103  
I have a 2003 toolcat. After I run it for about 1 and 1/2 hours, the back drags. If I let it cool off for one hour, it will work again for one hour. I have replaced fluids, coil, filter and cylenoid. Also, the rear steer has a problem. It will turn one way, but not the other. If I jack it up, it will turn both ways. I have replaced the coil, and stem pins. What could be wrong?

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #104  
Mine is the same way also a 2003 with brand new drive motors. I wouldn't say the back wheels drag my whole machine drags and loses all power I can run it wide open in rabbit and I'm lucky to go 5 mph and close to 1000rpm. I would like any info you guys have on this aswell. I don't have the rear steering problem but I had one similar where they wouldn't straighten back up basically there's some seals in a steering master cylinder type thing that needed replaced and it fixed my problem. Sorry I don't know the technical terminology for what they did to fix my steering. But yeah I'm in the same boat of losing power when it gets hot or runs for 1-1 1/2 hours.. Please help guys..
Thanks
Nick

Also if I try to lift a heavy load say a bucket of dirt when it runs like this it will kill the machine..

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #105  
Ok Guys don't go crazy and everybody answer this at once.. Lol

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #106  
Your issue is probably related to the speed sensors in the axles. Test this by turning off axle matching (procedure in the operators manual) and test the machine. There is probably a sensor that is not picking up a signal and the one that is getting a signal is being cut back to match the no signal axle. Another way to test it is to unplug the speed sensors in the axles and run the machine.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #107  
Your issue is probably related to the speed sensors in the axles. Test this by turning off axle matching (procedure in the operators manual) and test the machine. There is probably a sensor that is not picking up a signal and the one that is getting a signal is being cut back to match the no signal axle. Another way to test it is to unplug the speed sensors in the axles and run the machine.

Where's the sensors located?

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #108  
They are located on the axles by the drive motors.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #109  
On my '03, the rear sensor plug is under the dump bed, on top of the engine.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #110  
Your issue is probably related to the speed sensors in the axles. Test this by turning off axle matching (procedure in the operators manual) ................

Hey Folks, I have a slightly different issue, but noticed this expression 'axle matching' that you used and also 'traction management' in another person's posting.
I can't find these items in my service manual. I have a 2005 5600.Can anyone elaborate on this ? Thanks !