Winches Igland 3501 or 4501, which winch to get?

/ Igland 3501 or 4501, which winch to get?
I bought the same Igland 4501 winch from Reed Supply also. I love it so far and it has helped me a lot pulling out trees. It is fast and gets the job done. Anchoring against the base of a tree or a stump works very well. I pulled out a full length 22 inch in diameter Ash tree with branches the other day like it was nothing. Here's a link to mine and the rear tool box I installed. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...0d1512824640-few-new-attachments-dsc01168-jpg

Very nice. I've been able to pull some 60ft white pine through the woods with the cable fully drawn out. I couldn't be happier with it, and I cant imagine, unless I'm getting into some serious production work, that I would ever need more of a winch. Even at that, my DK45se is the limiting factor here, certainly not this winch.

/ Igland 3501 or 4501, which winch to get? #22  
Very nice. I've been able to pull some 60ft white pine through the woods with the cable fully drawn out. I couldn't be happier with it, and I cant imagine, unless I'm getting into some serious production work, that I would ever need more of a winch. Even at that, my DK45se is the limiting factor here, certainly not this winch.

I also have a 12K front mounted winch on the front if the frame just in case I can't anchor my tractor. I installed the winch during the Winter because I couldn't get a good bite into the frozen ground. My tractor was being skidded backwards. LOL How do you like your backhoes? Do they work good?

I also have a 12K front mounted winch on the front if the frame just in case I can't anchor my tractor. I installed the winch during the Winter because I couldn't get a good bite into the frozen ground. My tractor was being skidded backwards. LOL How do you like your backhoes? Do they work good?

I like mine quite a bit and have used them a lot. The control valves are great, very smooth after the operator is acclimated. Only issue it ever had was a flow problem for the return line. The return was to restrictive and caused some heat soaking issues, you really had to be using it hard for hours on end before the problem surfaced. But kioti issued parts that solved the problem. Haven't had the issue since.

/ Igland 3501 or 4501, which winch to get? #24  
I also have a 12K front mounted winch on the front if the frame just in case I can't anchor my tractor. I installed the winch during the Winter because I couldn't get a good bite into the frozen ground. My tractor was being skidded backwards.
Now, there's a good way to pull a tractor in half!!

SR

/ Igland 3501 or 4501, which winch to get? #25  

I've had an Igland 4001 winch for a number of years and its been great! I also use my GR-20 Igland log grapple on a regular basis. I did break the factory swedged end of the winch cable when pulling a tree and it hung up on a stump. I went for more power and the hook and swedged end suffered the result.
I had my welder add expanded metal to the grapple and to my front push bar on the Kioti and it has saved my grill/radiator/battery area many times.
Igland makes excellent implements. Happy with both purchases. A clamshell snatchblock really helps too. Self releasing would be what I'd get if buying one now.

I've had an Igland 4001 winch for a number of years and its been great! I also use my GR-20 Igland log grapple on a regular basis. I did break the factory swedged end of the winch cable when pulling a tree and it hung up on a stump. I went for more power and the hook and swedged end suffered the result.
I had my welder add expanded metal to the grapple and to my front push bar on the Kioti and it has saved my grill/radiator/battery area many times.
Igland makes excellent implements. Happy with both purchases. A clamshell snatchblock really helps too. Self releasing would be what I'd get if buying one now.

I've picked up an igland self releasing last year, worth every penny. $250ish I think it was.

/ Igland 3501 or 4501, which winch to get? #27  
Now, there's a good way to pull a tractor in half!!

SR

The front winch is strictly for an anchor point. It is not being used to pull the tractor and a log out of the woods.

/ Igland 3501 or 4501, which winch to get? #28  
I like mine quite a bit and have used them a lot. The control valves are great, very smooth after the operator is acclimated. Only issue it ever had was a flow problem for the return line. The return was to restrictive and caused some heat soaking issues, you really had to be using it hard for hours on end before the problem surfaced. But kioti issued parts that solved the problem. Haven't had the issue since.

Thanks for the info on the Kioti BH. I'm considering buying one for my NX.

/ Igland 3501 or 4501, which winch to get? #29  
The front winch is strictly for an anchor point. It is not being used to pull the tractor and a log out of the woods.
If it's attached to the front of the tractor and anchored, and your skidding winch is on the back of the tractor, you CAN pull your tractor in half...

SR

/ Igland 3501 or 4501, which winch to get? #30  
If it's attached to the front of the tractor and anchored, and your skidding winch is on the back of the tractor, you CAN pull your tractor in half...

SR

Yep, there’s only a few small bolts holding a tractor together. Running a strap under the tractor and anchoring directly to the skidding winch would be a lot safer bet.