ignition switch on ds 4110 not working

/ ignition switch on ds 4110 not working

I asked my dealer about new switches when I picked up another switch, he told me he had not heard of any new switchs, then mentioned he had about 15 of the ones he was giving me on hand :laughing:. The switches are big problem in our area I guess. Will have to look for a different source for new style. I weather proofed the one I got from him. We will see how that works.

/ ignition switch on ds 4110 not working #22  
Do you leave your tractor outside?

/ ignition switch on ds 4110 not working #23  
Do you leave your tractor outside?

The tractor is stored in a tent carport most of the time, but my property is in two seperate pieces conected by a dirt road. When dry the road is passable, when wet it is a real chore to get over. So the tractor will sit at the job for a couple days, under a tarp and quite often it is raining while using the tractor. Can be very muddy
:confused3:

/ ignition switch on ds 4110 not working #25  
the ignition switch on my 4110 just clicks when i try to start it how do you remove and replace the ignition switch??

/ ignition switch on ds 4110 not working #26  
the ignition switch on my 4110 just clicks when i try to start it how do you remove and replace the ignition switch??

Could be the fuel stop solenoid. Check the stop fuse and also the hold fuse. There was a bad batch of solenoids and eventually a revised part was provided.

It is not hard to do. You just have to remove the "dash board" As I recall there are four screws holding it in. You also have to remove pto switch and throttle lever. There is a "nut" on back of switch that unscrews and switch assembly unplugs and plug in new one. Am sure I am forgetting some things but you will see them as you go. I am not mechanically inclined and was able to it easily. Have done several times since. I coated the last one with liquid electrical tape and have been diligent about keeping it covered. Made it through the winter with one switch :)

/ ignition switch on ds 4110 not working #28  
My problem was not the fuel stop solenoid, but the module that controls it.
We had tried the solenoid but no change in problem. Ended up replacing the
module and no problems for over a year. It is located under the dash. We
put the original solenoid back in and is still there.

/ ignition switch on ds 4110 not working #29  

A more complete description/discussion is more likely to produce useful information. Does the starter crank the engine? Do the emergency flashers work? Is the battery good (how do you know)? Are the battery cables good (again, how do you know)? Can you identify the source of the "click" (glow plug relay, stop solenoid)? Does your tractor even have a stop solenoid (I'm not familiar with that model)? What model year is the tractor (or what is the first digit of the serial number)? What else have you observed? Have you tried squirting WD-40 or contact cleaner into the key hole?

As has been mentioned, the key switch is a common failure item but I think more diagnosis is in order before you start swapping parts.