IH McCormick Standard WD6 tractor

/ IH McCormick Standard WD6 tractor
Can I toss some kerosene in?

Also read transmission fluid is good in these old ones.

/ IH McCormick Standard WD6 tractor #32  
Kerosene is the same as #1 diesel, it will make a bit less power on it.
Transmission fluid as what, gear lube? Meaning Hytran type fluid or ATF. They might be a bit light in the drive train.

Kerosene is the same as #1 diesel, it will make a bit less power on it.
Transmission fluid as what, gear lube? Meaning Hytran type fluid or ATF. They might be a bit light in the drive train.

I was reading on a few forums that guys were adding it to diesel as a stabilizer.

/ IH McCormick Standard WD6 tractor #34  
Some people will use it for that it's supposed to help the lubricity of the new diesel.
I use a bit of 2stroke oil if I am running a strong dose of #1 in the winter I normally just use a bit of Power Service additive.

Finding information on this tractor isnt easy.

I see the tractor data and similar pages, but what gear oil and what other fluids does this pig take?

/ IH McCormick Standard WD6 tractor #36  
Almost any engine oil will exceed the specs of oil when she was built, so any good diesel oil.
Most of the drive trains back then were using gear lube, although some did use 30# engine oil.
That should be an oil bath air cleaner they work best with a straight 30# engine oil.

Manuals will be your best friend;
1683423114436.png

1683423177289.png

/ IH McCormick Standard WD6 tractor #38  
The glass jar is a pre-cleaner for large debris.

/ IH McCormick Standard WD6 tractor #40  
correct the larger items fall to the bottom instead of making the sharp turn to get in the air intake.