I'm done with Montana!

/ I'm done with Montana! #21  
He was jest ticked off, he'll prolly not send it. He was just running by you fellers to see how it sounded. :D

/ I'm done with Montana! #22  
Eddie,

You really need to quit sugar coating things and tell people how you really feel.

/ I'm done with Montana! #23  
I've got a Montana tractor....so I'm probably a little bias, but I think they are fine. I've had minor issues that are to be expected when a machine is used. I would put your problems under the same category. Nothing is of such good quality that it is not affected by wear and tear.

Furthermore, I would not get too upset with Montana for the "bad design" of there plastic fuel tanks, after all, I'm assuming you did not lease the tractor sight unseen. Nobody forced you to lease a Montana tractor.

If you decide to stick with your decision to never buy a Montana again that is absolutely fine. As a matter of fact that is the beauty of America and capitalism. If your particular needs aren't met, than keep looking for a company that can meet them, although I doubt you'll find one. In this particular situation, I would not send that letter. It definetly makes you look worse than it will make Montana and Ted Wade feel.

/ I'm done with Montana! #24  
I have not had any problems with my plastic tank getting a hole in it. I have had sticks punch a hole in my metal hydraulic filter. I have had branches break a metal hydraulic line so my plastic tank has been luckier than my metal pieces on my tractor.

I am not knocking the tractor when I talk about the damage to it. Those were very much my own fault and using the tractor in a manner that it could be damaged.

/ I'm done with Montana! #25  
Actually - has anyone considered this to be a spoof? clpalpacas may just be really sarcastic and we don't get the humor. Maybe it should have read:

"Hey, I have this Montana tractor that I've been flogging the **** out of and the only thing that has broken through no fault of my own is the lousy $5 hood hinge. Even the shipping is more expensive!"

Gotta be the sarcasm...

/ I'm done with Montana! #26  
crashz said:
Actually - has anyone considered this to be a spoof? clpalpacas may just be really sarcastic and we don't get the humor. Maybe it should have read:

"Hey, I have this Montana tractor that I've been flogging the **** out of and the only thing that has broken through no fault of my own is the lousy $5 hood hinge. Even the shipping is more expensive!"

Gotta be the sarcasm...
Crash, I think you hit it on the head, gotta be a put on. Nobody could be such a whiner to write to Montana with such trivial complaints and expect them to jump through hoops for him. And having the little woman call and being miffed they didn't respond instantaneously is classic stuff. The guy is a comic genius and is probably still chuckling at everyones pro Montana responses. I hope he finally chimes in and lets us all in on the gag!

John

/ I'm done with Montana! #27  
I deal with the public on a daily basis. Guys like this actually do exist. As a matter of fact, they gravitate to me!

/ I'm done with Montana! #28  
It would be interesting if we could get Montana to respond as to if this guy ever sent in the complaint.

/ I'm done with Montana! #29  
I too, work with the public and have seen letters just as harsh. However, the part about having the wife call them makes me think of a story I've heard around this area before.
There is a small tractor salvage operation not too far away from here. I've never met him, but I've been told the old guy who owns it might be described as "crusty" or "hard core" or perhaps a few other adjectives. Anyway, a local farmer is in desparate need of a radiator for his old tractor, calls the salvage place, and yes, they have one. The farmer sends his wife to pick up the radiator and tells her to ask if he can get a better price on it.
The wife walks in to the office and the radiator is sitting on the counter waiting for her. She says to the owner; "I'm supposed to ask if you can do better on the price" or words to that effect.
The owner promptly replies "Yeah, I sure can." and grabs a screwdriver, and rams it through the radiator several times.
He then shoves the newly junked radiator across the counter to the startled wife and says "How does free work for you?"
I guess you should be careful what you ask for.

/ I'm done with Montana! #30  
Wayne County Hose said:
I deal with the public on a daily basis. Guys like this actually do exist. As a matter of fact, they gravitate to me!

Yeah, I deal with the public on a daily basis as well and I deal with medium to large business owners on a daily basis as well. Believe it or not, some of the larger business owners can be worse! :eek:

I dunno. Maybe there is more there than what the OP posted. Being that taking the wrong stand against a customer (be it John Q. Public or John Q. BusinessOwner) can cost me tens of thousands of dollars, I am generally pretty cautious until I am confident I have all the facts. And, yes, many times some people are simply unreasonable. I tell my wife that if I didn't have to deal with difficult situations each and every day, everybody would have my job. How do you deal with unreasonable people on a daily basis and not go nuts? I can't tell you; I went nuts long ago. :D