I'm done with Montana!

/ I'm done with Montana! #31  
Wayne County Hose said:
I deal with the public on a daily basis. Guys like this actually do exist. As a matter of fact, they gravitate to me!

I agree, this guy is the real deal.

/ I'm done with Montana! #32  
Got my hair cut the other day. Cost me 13 bucks which I think is reasonable. This took about 9 minutes total time in and out of the place. I looked in the mirror and liked the results. Five dollars for a hinge and shipping from God only knows from where and how many hands it went through seems reasonable to me. Stuff breaks, Stuff happens, life goes on, be glad you can still get out of bed in the morning. It could be a lot worse.

/ I'm done with Montana! #33  
wrenchturner said:
Got my hair cut the other day. Cost me 13 bucks which I think is reasonable. This took about 9 minutes total time in and out of the place. I looked in the mirror and liked the results. Five dollars for a hinge and shipping from God only knows from where and how many hands it went through seems reasonable to me. Stuff breaks, Stuff happens, life goes on, be glad you can still get out of bed in the morning. It could be a lot worse.

That is one way to look at it. It cost me $13 for a hair cut also and about the same amount of time to cut. Sadly, I also know what it is like to not be able to get out of bed in the morning. Even now some mornings are hard to get up. Once I get out though I try to keep moving some just to loosen my self up. And I would be happy if most of my parts cost under $20 for just the part but usually my parts are over $100 anymore. Just the lower apron belt for my thrower on the baler cost me over $130 and I had to drive an hour to the dealer to get it (needed it immediately). So I kind of get amused when I hear people complain about having to pay $10 total for something and that is delivered to their door.

I really need to look up a Montana dealer and see who sells them around here as I am thinking it would make a nice utility tractor for my farm to replace the old Ford 640. The parts are a lot cheaper too:D

/ I'm done with Montana! #34  
Robert_in_NY said:
I really need to look up a Montana dealer and see who sells them around here as I am thinking it would make a nice utility tractor for my farm to replace the old Ford 640. The parts are a lot cheaper too:D

Robert, when you look at the Montana's, take a look at the new U series tractors. They look like they are very nice tractors that will have better ergonomics than the other models.

Just my opinion.

/ I'm done with Montana! #35  
This is the second Negative post I,ve seen on the Montanas & after reading all the negatives & the positive responses, it Makes Me want to run right out & buy one .
If Thats the worst problems You can complain about, You obviously dont have any other kind of Equipment Or Experience with other types of Dealers . IMHO . Or Youve just been really lucky & now spoiled . Just My 2 bit,s .

/ I'm done with Montana! #36  
I grew up on John Deere and Case tractors farming about 800 acres. I never had any complaints with either brand. I even looked at Deere first this time, but didn't like the noise of the 3 cylinder diesel and the extra cost. I could get the same Hp with just rops for the price I paid for my 5740 with Cab. I had never owned a tractor with a cam till now. I'll never own anything but a cab now. I paid 26K for a 2006 Model. I purchased the Montana 5740C this time last year and so far I love it. I've baled 300 round bales so far this summer. I've had a couple minor problems, but the dealer fixed them. Now that McCormick and NH are building the same exact tractor, it would appear parts are going to be readily available. A co-worker was looking at the McCormick and he came in telling me what a great tractor it was. I had to go see it becauce I'd been telling him how much I liked my Montana. It's just the red version of my 5740C. So it looks like now people have the choice of red, green, or blue. I'm no expert on tractors, but I did about 3 years of research on tractors before I purchased my Montana. In my opinion you get an excellent tractor for your money.

Scott

/ I'm done with Montana! #37  
Now that McCormick and NH are building the same exact tractor, it would appear parts are going to be readily available. A co-worker was looking at the McCormick and he came in telling me what a great tractor it was. I had to go see it because I'd been telling him how much I liked my Montana. It's just the red version of my 5740C. So it looks like now people have the choice of red, green, or blue. I'm no expert on tractors, but I did about 3 years of research on tractors before I purchased my Montana. In my opinion you get an excellent tractor for your money.

Scott

Are you sure LG Mtron is building tractors for NH----They are (were)building blue tractors for FarmTrac and the LG Tractor that they sell in other parts of the world are light blue!!!!??????I do not believe they are building tractors for NH unless it is in their China Factories---Heck it looks like their product may be alot better than that FIAT Tractor that NH sells---just my opinion

/ I'm done with Montana! #38  
I may have may be wrong. My co-worker was telling me he thought they were making NH also. I do agree, I think it's a better tractor than what NH is putting out.

/ I'm done with Montana! #39  
I've had my 5740C since Feb 2005. Compared to all the other names brands, including NH, Case, Kubota, etc, I believe it is just as good, if not better than the rest, for a lot less money. Scott, I paid $1000.00 less than you did with the FEL and an 8 foot very HD brush mower.

/ I'm done with Montana! #40  
That's a good deal. Mine also has the fel, but i didn't get anything else with mine. I know my dad is looking at them and the best price he's found now is about 30K here in VA.

Scott