Buying Advice I'm look at buying lawn tractor.

/ I'm look at buying lawn tractor. #11  
May want to check on recall Cub Cadet LT 1042,1046 etc. models 2009-2012 for hydro transmission problems.

/ I'm look at buying lawn tractor.
When I got mine, I compared them all. The other mtd brands looked like cheap crap. I was impressed with th quality of the cub. It was made as well as any of the more expensive brands I looked at. I understand that even though cub is owned by mtd, they are built in their own factory and share no parts from the other mtd brands.

The right side is the brake. The left side is probably a differential lock. The red lever on the left is the throttle. I am not sure what the other red lever does, maybe the PTO engage lever. The black lever with the red tip is the deck height adjuster. Edit, I think the left pedal is a clutch.

oldpilgrim - I was going between the j deere or the cub - people was saying j-deere parts should be easy to find.

4570man - thanks for the info. This is my 1st with a lawn tractor, I was chicken to even try to get it off the back of the truck. I was able to roll it off with some new ramps I pick up. I start it up and freaken thing took and hit the gate and took it down the gate door - funny after that push up in the yard and park it. Here's few more pictures of it.

Any no where to down load a owner's and service manual for it. From I can see starter looks new, carb looks new, some parts powder painted. It starts right up. Oil looks clean air filter look new.

john deere 216 (174).jpg john deere 216 (213).jpg

/ I'm look at buying lawn tractor. #13  
If you have made the decision to go with the Deere 216 then I would start a new thread in the John Deere lawn and garden forum. Might get some more information there. Most of the members that are interested in specific models or brands tend to home in on their brand forum.

/ I'm look at buying lawn tractor. #16  
just checked...I'm good...thanks for the info.

/ I'm look at buying lawn tractor. #18  
I am not a Cub Cadet fan. They just build them cheaper every year. 25 years ago they were almost the equal of John Deere. They are pretty run of the mill now.

/ I'm look at buying lawn tractor. #19  
I am not a Cub Cadet fan. They just build them cheaper every year. 25 years ago they were almost the equal of John Deere. They are pretty run of the mill now.

A couple of things that sold me on the Cub:

The steel frame on the Cub is made of much heavier steel than the JD. Really easy to see/feel the difference when looking at the vertical steel plate on the rear.

The mower deck is made of heavier material.

It has a Kohler engine rather than a rebranded JD marked engine.

It has a fabric seat that will not crack like the yellow JD plastic seats do.

I bought mine in 2012. Maybe things have changed since then.

/ I'm look at buying lawn tractor.
If you have made the decision to go with the Deere 216 then I would start a new thread in the John Deere lawn and garden forum. Might get some more information there. Most of the members that are interested in specific models or brands tend to home in on their brand forum.

thanks jenkinshp