I'm not the only dummy

/ I'm not the only dummy #31  
It's not about "cheapest." It's about ... these cylinders are not worth $600 a piece. That price is because it has a Kioti name on it. The same probably holds true for almost any brand.

I'm pretty sure I can replicate the performance for far less. I just need to know the specs.

If my "silly thing" results in pretzels ... well ... I'll charge it up to a learning experience and write the check.

/ I'm not the only dummy #32  
We all do silly things. My loader curl cylinders are $900, i think $600 is fine. My biggest fear is bending my backhoe curl cylinder dragging out rocks and stumps.

If you get a bigger cylinder, will the diameter fit? Are the cross tubes about the right width. Do you need hose adapters? Also, price out the cost of the necessary new hardware and see how much that costs. For me, new bushings would be expensive as I'd want to buy a lathe and machine them myself. :)

Lastly. If you make the cylinders more robust, could you make something else fail?

Please update us on progress when it happens,.

/ I'm not the only dummy #33  
Yes .. I've thought about the mounting complications but I'm hopeful. :)

Being tilt cylinders, over-build, doesn't worry me as much - but - I really don't intend to drift too far.

This is all still a work in progress, and I really can't move forward without the length specs. I'll try to get them directly from my Kioti dealer tomorrow.

/ I'm not the only dummy #34  
It's not about "cheapest." It's about ... these cylinders are not worth $600 a piece. That price is because it has a Kioti name on it. The same probably holds true for almost any brand.

I'm pretty sure I can replicate the performance for far less. I just need to know the specs.

If my "silly thing" results in pretzels ... well ... I'll charge it up to a learning experience and write the check.
Really? Try Kubota! A replacement cylinder on my Kubota B7800 was $700. The NX's was right around that price and it's a substantially bigger cylinder.

You messed up (sorry, but own it). Shell out and tell yourself that that's your penance for messing up. There's value in taking an extra hit: it'll stay in your head better than a cheaper replacement which you'll likely treat as cheaper.

$600 rebuild (shops that do these things are going to be better than new because they're hands-on; also have a local guarantee; AND, you're supporting local businesses; AND, you're recycling!) x2 is still $200 cheaper than new replacement factory.

/ I'm not the only dummy #35  
Be careful when ordering from Tractor Supply (or anyone else).
I ordered a culvert from them. They took my money and charged my card.
They had no culvert to sell. Somehow this is legal and they aren’t arrested.
They sent me a notice: “Your item has shipped to store.” This was a lie. Somehow “has shipped to store.” means the supplier has filled out some paperwork that item WILL be, or might be shipped to store….but maybe not. I gave them over a month, shipping tracking info shows nothing has been picked up, anywhere.

Their supplier has no culverts that can be shipped to any store and doesn’t know when they will get any. (Again, how is this legal? If I sold you a ‘69 Ford Mustang on Facebook, took your money, said “I don’t have a Mustang, and I don’t know when I ever will.” Shouldn’t I be arrested? Remember: “Corporations are people my friend”.)
I no longer would order from Tractor Supply or accept their word unless you see the item in the store. They will take your money and sell you an item they don’t t have, and can’t get.
TSC will refund your money if you don’t want to wait. Quit complaining and just get a refund.

/ I'm not the only dummy #36  
..... You messed up (sorry, but own it). ......

No argument. I own it. I just don't want to own it TWICE! LOL

Looked for bushings today ... thought I had it ... 30mm outside - dandy ... 1" inside - .02 too small.

/ I'm not the only dummy #37  
No argument. I own it. I just don't want to own it TWICE! LOL

Looked for bushings today ... thought I had it ... 30mm outside - dandy ... 1" inside - .02 too small.
Your ego is going to cause you to chase your tail (don't let it!): I say this not in a demeaning way- believe me, I've been around the block on such things many times- figure it, as others are also promoting, wisdom. How much time are you going to spend trying to track down a match? Time is important (it's the ONE thing you cannot get more of).

/ I'm not the only dummy #38  
It may well prove unjustifiably difficult to build this puzzle with off-the-shelf parts. If I had a few machine shop tools, this would not be such a challenge.

I won't agree this is ego driven - or that I'm "cheap." I can spend money like water when it suits me. This is more of a "Are You Kidding Me?" "How Much?" type of thing :)

You are correct ... it may be a complete waste of time. A few more days and I'll just order the ^$^%*#*%%$ things!

/ I'm not the only dummy #39  
My little Branson has 1 1/4 inch pins on the curl cylinder which is around 31 mm so other manufacturers also use larger pins than 1 inch.

have you looked at dalton hydraulics website? They have a lot of cylinders shown but no clue if anything close to what you are looking for

/ I'm not the only dummy #40  
You should try the company below, I think they can fix you up.

Curtis Hydraulics
8 Industrial Park Dr
Hooksett, NH 03016
tel: (603)622-7331