I'm not the only dummy

/ I'm not the only dummy #42  
What did the Kioti dealer say when you asked for the specs on the loader cylinders so you could try to get them cheaper elsewhere?

/ I'm not the only dummy #43  
What did the Kioti dealer say when you asked for the specs on the loader cylinders so you could try to get them cheaper elsewhere?

Why would the dealer even have the specs of the cylinder?

They have the part number, and the price.

If I wanted to replace a steel hydraulic line, I would not expect the dealer to be able to tell me the total length, and the location and angles of the bends,,
Again, they would have the part# and price,,,

/ I'm not the only dummy #44  
Why would the dealer even have the specs of the cylinder?

They have the part number, and the price.

If I wanted to replace a steel hydraulic line, I would not expect the dealer to be able to tell me the total length, and the location and angles of the bends,,
Again, they would have the part# and price,,,
Na, if the service or parts manual doesn't list the specs, just tell them to get a tech to grab a new tractor off the line remove a cylinder measure everything then put it back together;) then give you the numbers;)

/ I'm not the only dummy
OK ... I am now un-suspended from my crime of making a joke about the current joke. So ....

To the delight of several, my attempts to substitute the cylinders has failed. I got really close but just not able to find my comfort level.

A few have mentioned shop manuals and dealer info. I have the manuals and they do not provide the detail. The dealer was no better. I suspect the information is easily available if a dealer really wanted to make the inquiry ... but cest la vie.

Rather than spend just shy of $1300 for the cylinders, I ordered new rods and seal kits. After taking these things apart, I don't see the rocket science in doing this myself. With luck, I'll have the parts in 10 days.

If I run into any further issues, I'll update.

Thanks to everyone for participating :)

/ I'm not the only dummy #47  
Rather than spend just shy of $1300 for the cylinders, I ordered new rods and seal kits.
If I run into any further issues, I'll update.
Thanks to everyone for participating :)
How much $,$$$ for the parts??
I have never found rods as a part for any cylinder that I have owned,,

Great find!! (y)

/ I'm not the only dummy #48  
Interesting you can get rods. Rebuilding is not rocket science (and I'm a rocket scientist). Perhaps tedious to get some of the stiffer seals in place, but not hard.

/ I'm not the only dummy
Rods were $210 each and seal kits were $75 each. It doesn't "look" complicated - LOL - We'll see. If anyone has a link to a good video on assembly, please pass it along,

/ I'm not the only dummy #50  
There are about 4 different ways to secure the gland in the end of the cylinder. We'd need pics to know which one you got. If you can leave the far end installed on the tractor any heavy wrenching will be easier. You might need to find an appropriate pin spanner too.