I'm showing off my new toy!

/ I'm showing off my new toy!
I don't know anything about the hydraulic fittings, but I have heard that story, and I questioned the salesman about it. He said that everything is available at NAPA, so perhaps thats just the euro machines.

/ I'm showing off my new toy! #22  
Dude, that thing is awesome.

Would look even better running down the highway on a trailer behind my 4800. ;)

Good luck with it. Glad you didn't buy that M-59. No need to sit outside and bake your arse off in the sun. :D

/ I'm showing off my new toy! #23  
Nice rig!
What's that thing weigh?

Dude, that thing is awesome.

Would look even better running down the highway on a trailer behind my 4800. ;)

Good luck with it. Glad you didn't buy that M-59. No need to sit outside and bake your arse off in the sun. :D

lol. you wouldn't even see that tiny thing back there! I actually would have got a cab if I had gone the Kubota route. Those Laurin cabs are very nice and I would have had AC. I'm too old to suffer anymore.

So heres a little update. I brought my toy home last Saturday and went right out and dug some footings for a guy. I had fun for a couple of hours and then one of the swing cylinders sprung a leak. Turned out it had a defective casting. Back to the dealership it went. Got it back today along with a new cleanout bucket. But the fab shop used a chunk of 3/4 inch plate for a frog and didn't bother with either a cutting edge, or bolt holes or anything. ?? OK, if it was a 300 you could get away with a 3/4 inch thick cutting edge, but on a 50 horse mini you need something a little sharper I think. So I glued on a piece of grader blade tonight since I need to dig with it all week starting tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMAGE_068.jpg
    IMAGE_068.jpg
    538.4 KB · Views: 172
   / I'm showing off my new toy! #27  
lol. you wouldn't even see that tiny thing back there! I actually would have got a cab if I had gone the Kubota route. Those Laurin cabs are very nice and I would have had AC. I'm too old to suffer anymore.

You're not getting older, you're getting smarter! :)

heres some work pics from today. I don't think I took any more time today than if I still had my big machine. It digs pretty fast. Front end has lots of power. That must be close to a yard of material.

Attachments

• IMAGE_072.jpg
    IMAGE_072.jpg
    724.2 KB · Views: 136
  • IMAGE_073.jpg
    IMAGE_073.jpg
    748.3 KB · Views: 145
I use a clean up bucket for most of my digging, and this one is only 4 inches narrower than the one on my big machine, but it loads it up just fine

Attachments

• IMAGE_076.jpg
    IMAGE_076.jpg
    660.9 KB · Views: 145
more pics, since I am in a posting mood. The last one is whats left of the old drainfield. They had a cedar box about 5 feet long. That served the house since the 50's. And the house is 6000 feet with 15 people in it. Shows how good our drainage is.

Attachments

• IMAGE_074.jpg
    IMAGE_074.jpg
    709.1 KB · Views: 166
  • IMAGE_077.jpg
    IMAGE_077.jpg
    762.9 KB · Views: 147
  • IMAGE_070.jpg
    IMAGE_070.jpg
    530.3 KB · Views: 133