I'm so lucky.......

/ I'm so lucky.......
No.....dry clutch. I think the front seal on the transmission is leaking. The older models had a hole drilled in the inspection plate with a cotter pin in it to allow oil to drain out. Otherwise it builds up and gets on the clutch and ruins it. This clutch is new so I don't want that to happen.

/ I'm so lucky....... #12  
The TO30 is still a 6 volt and I found that using the heaviest (gage) battery cables that I can find and an extra ground wire to one of the starter mounting bolts makes the starter crank better. The TO 30 is positive ground. This tractor actually belongs to an 88 year old WW II vet that is a neighbor - He and his family all say the tractor is mine since I have rescued it and got it running. The first time I saw this tractor - JR (the neighbor) asked me to help him push it into the woods so it would be out of the way. I towed it home with my Ventrac and it is now in working order and we have used it to do some bush hogging and other work around his place.

/ I'm so lucky.......
Mine has been converted to 12v negative ground and has an alternator. Spins really good using the 6 volt starter.

/ I'm so lucky....... #14  
I did that with my 50 Farmall C. 12 volt charging system and battery and 6 volt starter. Just don't hold the starter on for too long or you will cook it.

/ I'm so lucky.......
Got the starter put back on and finally got that inside exhaust bolt loose. Put the new exhaust on and it cranked right up. I can hear that one cylinder has a little too much clearance in the valve train. Going to add some MMO tomorrow and let it run for awhile. Maybe a sticking valve or something. Plan to change all the oils this weekend.