Impossible to buy engine parts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Impossible to buy engine parts! #21  
For some of your questions it's best to go to an engine rebuilder and find out all the details and cost.

Also consider the condition of the rest of the engine components and the hours?? on them.

After that maybe consider a complete new engine. It may be the cheapest way to go in the long haul.

There are times one must stand back and look at the situation from a distance to perceive all aspects.

Egon

/ Impossible to buy engine parts! #22  
OK, I should have reread the thread. I will further expose my ignorance. I didn't know that there were unsleeved Yanmars. Are all the later models unsleeved or just some? I am interested because I have two machines with Yanmar engines I use myself. One a trackhoe and one a truckster. How could we find out which are sleeved and unsleeved?

/ Impossible to buy engine parts! #23  
Reed,

The best way would be to find a parts book on the engines and see if sleeves are offered for them.

Jack

/ Impossible to buy engine parts! #24  
I emailed you on 3/22/04 with pricing on all the parts you requested to overhaul your engine including oversize rod bearings, main bearings , pistons , & rings. The parts are available. You just have to order them. Yes it is possible to sleeve n engine tht doen't have sleeves. I,ve had this done a couple times. I had one customer that purchased a Viet recon FX28 that was all ready sleeved. The problem was they didn't use OEM parts or mike the parts & when it warmed up it would seize. They did a complete overhaul since the rebuilder didn't know what parts were to spec & which weren't.

/ Impossible to buy engine parts! #25  
U are correct. Just an added thought about Wichita Kansas. The city is loaded with machinist. You see Boeing is located there. Alot of machinist have come in and then quit or been laid off etc.... Anyway I bet you could find a shop in Wichita that could make a new block if needed. Those guys can do any thing. I used to on this dudes side but now I don't know. The things he says make no sense. I wonder if he is not just a yanmar basher? If he is that mechanical why not just split the tractor and take the block into a machine shop? I know that would be the cheapest way. I also think he could just buy bigger pistons and bore the block to match. Wichita has lots of men who can do it. Also, what parts does he need. He may only need a few parts. He may be able to bore and sleeve just the one cylinder. I think he should sell the whole thing and buy a john deer... (which was made by Yanmar) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Impossible to buy engine parts!
Dear Leonard:
You wrote that you e-mailed me prices on the oversize pistons and rings I need? I certainly didn't receive it.

If you can get oversize parts for this engine my problems are solved! I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I don't understand how you can get them when every other Yanmar dealer told me they were'nt available (never made by Yanmar).

Maybe they just didn't want to fool with a small order from overseas.

If you can get them I'm back in business!

Please resend the e-mail you wrote of to: dennis@istanbullies.com

Thank you so much.

Dennis

/ Impossible to buy engine parts! #27  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( but I don't understand how you can get them when every other Yanmar dealer told me they were'nt available (never made by Yanmar).
)</font>
Can't you just accept what someone is offering without being snotty about it on every response? You have been offered several potential resolutions and continually manage to find a way to take a swipe at someone. I'm beginning to get a better picture of what the dealer's side of this may be. Some people just love a problem because they think a license to whine comes with it--and they prefer that over a solution. All you are doing at this point is alienating a goodly number of people who have followed this problem.
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Please resend the e-mail you wrote of to: dennis@istanbullies.com
)</font> Why? So you can say you didn't get it again? Len's email is in his post...you email him! And why is your email address---istanbullies.com--some raunchy-lyrics band web domain?
I don't think I've ever been as put off by someone's serial posts as by yours.

/ Impossible to buy engine parts! #28  
Dennis, are you sure you have been dealing with "authorized Yanmar parts dealers" as listed on the Yanmar web site, or just guys that sell a few gray market tractors? These authorized dealers are the only ones that can get Yanmar parts.

/ Impossible to buy engine parts! #29  
Good going LMTC. Thank you for your remarks. I was just about to say it all, but you sized it up find. Some people rather hunt for a problem rather than a solution. Lens remarks about sending parts quote said it all.

/ Impossible to buy engine parts!
To answer LMTCs Questions:

(1) I'm sorry you read something into my question "( but I don't understand how you can get them when every other Yanmar dealer told me they were'nt available (never made by Yanmar)." that I never intended. I sincerely Thanked Len and am pleased to accept his offer. Wer'e you just in a bad mood when you read it?

(2) re: "( Please resend the e-mail you wrote of to: dennis@istanbullies.com
) Why? So you can say you didn't get it again?" - No, because in order for me to receive his price quotes Len is the one that has to send it. Len offered and I accepted his offer. How could it have been done otherwise?

(3) Re: "And why is your email address---istanbullies.com--some raunchy-lyrics band web domain? " So now in addition to telling others how and where to buy tractor parts you are telling them what kind of MUSIC they should listen to? What possible business of yours is it what kind of music I prefer? What are you - the self appointed internet music police?

(4) After reading your post I just assumed you must just be a Nazi. However, I now see your real motive. You sell used Yanmars and parts. My honest comments have hurt your business? A quick search on the internet reveals that in just the last 4 years you have 56 unresolved BBB complaints from your Miami "operation". In 18 years my business has ZERO. Don't try to flim-flam me. I see by your other posts you just try to shut up anyone who has had a bad experience with you or Yanmars.

I'm getting this problem of mine resolved, thank you. Despite naysayers like you, I've found my parts and answers. This forum works despite your attempts otherwise.

Go back and read my posts. Count the number of times I sincerely thanked those who helped. Your post was both unnecessary and childish. If I have offended anyone besides LMTC, I apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.