in the market for an old vw bug

/ in the market for an old vw bug #31  
1966 was 6 volt. 1967 was 12 volt. CV joints in the rear on 1968 and also new style bumpers. I had a 66 Beetle, 66 Squareback, 67 Beetle. Neighbors had a 61. Father in law had a 67 Karmen Ghia. 66 Squareback was the most ill handling car I have ever driven. Maybe I did not have the tire pressure correct or I need to install a hundred pounds in the spare tire well to balance the car out.

/ in the market for an old vw bug #32  
I must have had a dozen.
Best was my 58, drove it from Montreal to Mexico city and returned via Cyprus gardens Fla back to Montreal about 12,000 miles trip.
On the way around NY it would not start in AM. Points were so worn that it would not fire! Paid $400. for that one!

Coolest was a 61, sliding roof, Abarth exhaust.

Best deal was a later '60's that the owner flipped and he cut off the roof. Bought it only 5 months old and made me a convertible top with canoe canvas and steel flat bar stock.
That one set me back $500. It was so new that it was basically still under warranty!
Had some with gas heaters up front but most with standard heat boxes.
All my Beatles were regular carb and 12 volts and super simple to maintain.

I even had for a while an Austrian cabbed snowmobile that sported the VW engine up front, tractor fashion, that drove a pair of cleated tracks. They somehow caused the differential to operate tractor fashion. Dang thing turned on a dime and did 40 MPH and almost could climb a cliff. Heat was non existent.
Up here (Canada) many VW's had small propane heaters installed with the tanks under the hood.( I actually still have one).
In snow they were so good that I actually once went off road with the snow bank simply going up and over the roof with me in the farmer's field.
Since the belly is a flat pan the wheels always make contact and I simply backed out.
Chains on a VW makes it a serious competitor to a tractor especially if one welds rear rims double . What a mud buggy they made! We would go hunting in tidal flats 4 on board and never get stuck, very dirty, yes.
OK, I'm reliving some of my youth. L.O.L.

Now I will date my self! a beetle fill up cost all of like $3.50-$4.00

/ in the market for an old vw bug #33  
Around here, we called those things "Hippie Hotels". :laughing:

Back in the 60 and 70's.......there were a few children conceived in those "hotels".....at least that's what my elders told me!:D:D

/ in the market for an old vw bug #34  
In 1976 I bought a 1972 Super Beetle. I loved that thing. I am 6'4" and I sat in that car comfortably. I loved driving that car and the mileage it got with a gallon of gas.

/ in the market for an old vw bug
a pioneer super tuner.. now that brings back memories.. :)

/ in the market for an old vw bug #36  
The book for idiots is a super good read. Caught one on fire cutting it up for a sandrail. The fake fur headliner had the firemen laughing and choking at the same time.

/ in the market for an old vw bug #37  
a pioneer super tuner.. now that brings back memories.. :)
I still have it, but the cassette heads are worn out. Every few years I'll put it on the bench, fire it up, turn off the lights and enjoy the glow of the big dial!
Looks just like this. :thumbsup:
PioneerSupertuner.jpg

/ in the market for an old vw bug #39  
Sweet! If only the front was blue, it would be patriotic! :salute:

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Pair of John Deere fenders (A34236)
Pair of John Deere...
17FT ONE MAN LADDER STAND (A34011)
17FT ONE MAN...
Wolverine ADB-13-1218R Quick Attach Auger w/ 2 Bits (A33391)
Wolverine...
1220 Ford Diesel Tractor (A34007)
1220 Ford Diesel...
2007 HONDA 420 RANCHER FOUR WHEELER (A34011)
2007 HONDA 420...
Hannay Hose Reel W/ Hose (A33237)
Hannay Hose Reel...