Tires Industrial tire vs Turf tire

/ Industrial tire vs Turf tire #21  
I got my bx25 with loaded R4's. Like was already said if you run over the same spot mowing it tends to tear up the grass in my experience. The dealer said I could get a full set of turfs/rims for around $300.

/ Industrial tire vs Turf tire #22  
I got my bx25 with loaded R4's. Like was already said if you run over the same spot mowing it tends to tear up the grass in my experience. The dealer said I could get a full set of turfs/rims for around $300.

That sounds like a great deal.

/ Industrial tire vs Turf tire #23  
The R4's will tear up the lawn if it's wet, but usually will not do any damage if it's dry. They work okay in snow, but I have not had any other tires to compare them with.

FWIW, the general advice about R4's is that they are a compromise in traction between R1's (AG tires) and R3's (turf). They also have the most strength (good for FEL work).

/ Industrial tire vs Turf tire #24  
As CompactTractorFan says. I mow with R4's. I have mowed with AG's, R4's, and Turfs. Of all the R4's are the stiffest tire and give me the worst ride. R4's wear like iron and ride like iron. But still I prefer the R4's. They are a very good all round tire.

/ Industrial tire vs Turf tire #25  
I've only had turfs on a 2WD tractor Cub 154 LoBoy). The R1's and R4's have all been on 4WD tractors and they were all different sizes. Size, weight and loading will likely influence their performance and then there's the biggie of the type of soil you're operating on.

The lightest is the old Ford 1210 with non-loaded R1's. Then there was the B7500 with loded R4's and now the L3200 with loaded R4's. The Ford had a softer ride than the B7500 and better traction in some instances. I don't do much running around in the mud, but if I did, R1's would get a serious look. The B7500 rode very rough. For a while I questioned whether to go with R4's on the new tractor because of that. With the seat that comes on the L3200, the ride is very good. There are places I don't need to use 4WD on the 3200 that I had to always use 4WD on the 7500.

We have a creek in the front yard and less than a week after it flooded I could mow without messing it up as long as I didn't make any sharp turns.

As others said, I like R4's with the FEL. I'm an R4 fan.

/ Industrial tire vs Turf tire #26  
These are the Turf tires on my BX and it goes everywhere I have taken it. I have been in the mud and through the woods a lot. I was skeptical at first when I purchased the new tractor with turf tires but now that I have used the tractor on many different terrains. I am very pleased with its performance. My rear tires are ballast with rim guard and I am looking forward to snow. I initially was going to buy a set of rear chains but my dealer advised me waiting until I see how well I did with just my tires. They rarely have to ever use chains with turf tires if they are using rim guard inside them for snow removal.

On my 8N, I had loaded R1's, chains, and a rear blade. I had to run chains on this tractor when clearing snow. Almost unstoppable, but it marked our asphalt driveway up pretty good. On my L3940 with turfs, I only use a rear ballast box and front blade only. For some snows I do not even engage 4wd. My turfs are very aggressive looking with deep tread and lots of sipes. No chains are needed. They perform in dirt for FEL work very well also. If I get into sloppy mud, there is a better tire choice, but for my uses, they have served me well. Philip.

/ Industrial tire vs Turf tire #27  
I have owned a bx25 since May 2012. I was concerned if I should buy turf tires. My BX dealer talked me into the Non turf tires. It was the best thing he could have done. I drive on my turf a great deal. With a little care, damage is extremely minimal. If you plan on using the BX to cut grass, then I would consider the turf tires. If you want to use the BX anywhere near it's tractor potential, then I would consider the more aggressive tires.

/ Industrial tire vs Turf tire
Thanks to all the reply's

I think the r4's are the way to go for an all purpose tire

/ Industrial tire vs Turf tire #29  
JOHNTHOMAS said:
For all my Bs and my BX25 I buy R4s. I think (don't know for sure and don't really care for those that want to tell me I'm wrong about it) R4s are stronger side wall and less prone to leaks/flats than turfs.
The R4 tires are tough fellas for sure.

I had a nail in one of the front tires, I thought no biggy I'll just grab my handy dandy plug kit and plug the hole.

Using the front end loader to take the weight off the tire I pulled out the nail and got the reamer ready.

Wow that R4 tire had some reaming resistance, finally got a good couple twists out of it now time to push in the plug.

I pushed and pushed, scratched my head, adjusted the plug in the plug pusher thingy...pushed, pushed....went and had a beer...tried again...eventually got it in.

I can say that it was a bit more effort than when I plugged my trailer tire.

Mystro said:
I initially was going to buy a set of rear chains but my dealer advised me waiting until I see how well I did with just my tires.

I have a set of tire chains ready to put on the front tires.

My thinking was if icey/snow becomes a problem I can lift the wheels off the ground with the front end loader, put on the chains and get back to it.

Haven't had to yet. :proposetoast:

/ Industrial tire vs Turf tire #30  
R4's don't work very well with snow for me. Neither do AG's. I put chains on my R4's for snow.