Backhoe Installing a Bradco backhoe

/ Installing a Bradco backhoe #11  
I don't know if you'll have the same experience I did or not, but I found it very helpful to center the bottom subframe mounts with respect to the pins on the backhoe plates, and have the top ones at the outside edge of the backhoe pins. This was because, when settling the backhoe down on the bottom pins, the tops of the plates pulled toward the center of the tractor 1/4" or so. This made the tops center up as you set the backhoe down on the bottoms. If that makes any sense.

/ Installing a Bradco backhoe #12  
John,

I'm thoroughly envious! If I was to get a backhoe, the 408 would rank high for my TC35D. If memory serves, it digs to 8' or 9'... plenty for anything I'm doing. If you don't mind my asking what does a 408 cost?

Peter

/ Installing a Bradco backhoe #13  
I see from your other thread that you may have run into problems. I was surprised that a Bradco 408 would fit on a TC29. The last time I checked with Bradco about 5 months ago, they didnt have a subframe that would fit a Kubota B2910. Are you sure that kit is meant for a TC29? Did you check directly with Bradco? Sometimes dealers make mistakes. If there is no mistake, then I wonder if this is a new subframe that might fit Kubotas. Maybe I'll check with Bradco myself.

/ Installing a Bradco backhoe
Oh boy, did things go down hill today! I installed one of the main subframe rails, and decided that I would check the clearance with the 3pt linkage. I hung the backhoe mounting piece where it belongs (not attached to the backhoe yet), and quickly realized that something is seriously wrong. The instructions say that the lower 3pt arms do not have to be removed, just swung towards the center of the tractor and bungeed together. Problem is, the subframe interferes with their normal range of horizontal motion, limiting how far they can swing in or out. This may be a big problem trying to 3pt implements, but I wouldn't know for sure unless I finish the installation. Worse yet, the backhoe part of the mount interferes with the vertical clearance to the extent that the 3pt arms can be lashed up no higher than 3.5" off the ground! Also, you can't remove the lower 3pt arm once the subframe is bolted into position, so the option of removing them is out of the question (unless you never want to use any 3pt implements).

I've called the dealer and described the problem. He has no experience with my tractor/hoe combination, as they sell mostly skidsteers and other construction equipment. He said he will call Bradco on Monday, and see if they have any explanation. In the meantime, my tractor is in pieces in the driveway...

I paid $6570 with a 12" bucket, puchasing from a dealer 80 miles away. They delivered for free. I thought this was a pretty good price for California. My local NH dealer (where I bought my tractor) quoted me $8721, which was list price. They claimed that the $6570 price was below their cost.

For your info, I found the following two ads at www.equipmenttraderonline.com

1999 BRADCO , 408W, $4,500, BACKHOE ATTACHMENTS, 12" AND 18" BUCKETS,, Fredericksburg, (888)-736-8963.

1995 BRADCO , BACKHOE, attachment for skid steer, never used, like new, $3000. Bethel, CT., 203-778-2615

There's a picture of the second one, and it says 9HD on the side of the hoe. I'm not sure how that equates to the current model numbers (408, 509, 511, 609, 611). Most likely the 609.

Both the dealer and I have checked with Bradco. We were both concerned because the installation instructions said they were for a Ford 1725 and 1925. Bradco said that the kit is the correct one. I'm wondering if my TC29D has different 3pt linkage than a Ford 1725/1925. I can't imagine that Bradco has never installed one to check out the fit. However, what I am seeing is totally unusable...

/ Installing a Bradco backhoe #17  
John: I hope this isn't off base - I'm going from the pictures and I'm wondering about the comment that the lower arms can't be taken off after the subframe is installed.

In pictures 1 and 3 it looks like the hole for pin 8 goes all the way through. If the cotter pins were out would the pin slide toward the tire enough to make the lower arms removeable? Or would it hit the sway bracket? Could the bracket be modified to clear it?

To make the pin easier to remove you could maybe weld a rod handle to the end & replace the 2 cotter pins with one hat pin.

Even if the paperwork says the 3pt arms can stay in place, they're really in the way (ground clearance) If the pins could move, it would be easy to take the arms off. Good luck.

You are very observant. Actually, the holes go completely through both sides of the two parts of the subframe. The part with the five holes bolts to the axle housing, so the pic can be pushed out that direction. It can't be pulled out the other way either, because the ROPs axle bracket is in the way.

You can't believe how frustrating this has been. I've had a backhoe sitting in my driveway for 4 weeks now, and I still can't use it.

/ Installing a Bradco backhoe #19  
On my Kub 3710, the lift arms fit into cutout oval shaped slots in the backhoe frame on the model 611. The lift arms need to be at a particular height and swung toward the center only part way. Does you backhoe allow this? If so the lift arms would be higher and not swung all the way to center. My subframe is vastly different from yours but there is no interference with the lift arms.
Some tractors also require the use of an extension kit to move the hoe back farther from the tractor. Is this required for yours?
Bradco phone #:800- 922- 2130

/ Installing a Bradco backhoe #20  
I notice on one of your earlier pics, that part label #9 must be interfering with the 3pt lift arms swinging toward the center. Can a small area of the back part of 9 be cutoff to allow more movement of the lift arms. The are cutoff would have to remain away from the bolt holes. I must agree bradco should a solution to your problem.