Insurance - State Farm, Farm Bureau, etc.

/ Insurance - State Farm, Farm Bureau, etc. #11  
Just FYI... but not directly applcable:

I just got a house and car insured.... had had State Farm for years... this year they wanted $1400 for the policy.

I got Amica to estimate... $1040, with rebate expected if good experience after a year, plus I substantially INCREASED the overall coverage.... and still saved money

This was in town.. Amica told me they do not insure rural property.

/ Insurance - State Farm, Farm Bureau, etc. #12  
We currently have the farm with Farm Bureau and the cars with state farm. Rates are just a bit lower for the cars with State farm and never had a problem with their auto coverage so I stuck it out with them there. Grandparents had Farm Bureau all there life and never had any problems with the very few claims they had with them both auto and farm/home.
Some other farmers i've talked to recommended Farmer's Mutual. I'm going to check them out too.

/ Insurance - State Farm, Farm Bureau, etc. #13  
mark.r said:
you should see some of things I have had issured with state farm . . . items that other companies don't even have listings for.
Just because they charge a premium for it doesn't mean thaye'd pay a claim!

/ Insurance - State Farm, Farm Bureau, etc. #14  
As I have posted many times before, I spent 30 years dealing with insurance companies on a daily basis. They are all basically the same, they are all in business to make money, and will screw you if they get the chance.

Every time I say this, someone will post that they had a claim and their company treated them wonderfully. Yes, there are times when certain claims people, go above and beyond. (This is not how you get ahead in the insurance business).

Some companies are better in one region, than another, because of different management, and different claims people. And some companies are worse than others.

Insurance companies use marketing and gimics to convince people that they are their best friends, while they are sticking it to them.

This is an industry run by lawyers, that is exempt from federal antitrust laws. This gives them the ability to do things that are illegal, such as price fixing.

This is an industry that has always had profit margins that pale in comparison to the much hated oil industry.

Bottom line, just like oil, you can't do without insurance. So, smile and say thank you.

/ Insurance - State Farm, Farm Bureau, etc. #15  
ray66v said:
As I have posted many times before, I spent 30 years dealing with insurance companies on a daily basis. They are all basically the same, they are all in business to make money, and will screw you if they get the chance.

Every time I say this, someone will post that they had a claim and their company treated them wonderfully. Yes, there are times when certain claims people, go above and beyond. (This is not how you get ahead in the insurance business).

Some companies are better in one region, than another, because of different management, and different claims people. And some companies are worse than others.

Insurance companies use marketing and gimics to convince people that they are their best friends, while they are sticking it to them.

This is an industry run by lawyers, that is exempt from federal antitrust laws. This gives them the ability to do things that are illegal, such as price fixing.

This is an industry that has always had profit margins that pale in comparison to the much hated oil industry.

Bottom line, just like oil, you can't do without insurance. So, smile and say thank you.
Sadly but true.

/ Insurance - State Farm, Farm Bureau, etc.
I am meeting with Farm Bureau in the morning...

D.

/ Insurance - State Farm, Farm Bureau, etc.
I met with Farm Bureau this morning. It looks like a no brainer to me considering that with State Farm any building besides your house has to be scheduled. They want $500 more a year to cover my cabana. What a scam...

D.

/ Insurance - State Farm, Farm Bureau, etc. #18  
I had State Farm for 10 years... move to the country and they told me that they don't insure farms in Oklahoma... so went with Farm Bureau...

/ Insurance - State Farm, Farm Bureau, etc. #19  
I have been with Farm Bureau for quite a few years now..they have really treated me great over the years!

/ Insurance - State Farm, Farm Bureau, etc. #20  
Farm Bureau came out to look at my place today. No quote yet but we will see what they offer. Oh, to back track for a minute. I discovered that State Farm will only cover me under a HO policy which would include using my equipment on my property. No going to pick up or delivery hay, mowing a neighbors field etc., etc. Furthermore, no horse activity unless its me riding around for pure enjoyment. Because we are running a business or renting our barns for lessons etc. they won't cover us.

There is another local agency that specializes in horses/farms that will. I will be meeting with them next week to compare notes.