Insurance Insurance...You have got to be kidding me!!!

/ Insurance...You have got to be kidding me!!! #11  
Good point LB. But, figured that not many people would be messing around the place with things locked up and living on the premises. Depends on the situation, and may be worth the gamble.

/ Insurance...You have got to be kidding me!!! #12  
When I bought my L3430 in 2006 I financed about a third of the price. I didn't want to pay Kubota for insurance so I checked with my agent for the house and he said I was covered. I sent Kubota documentation and didn't have to pay them for insurance. Since it's been paid for I carry Kubota insurance on it for $210 a year. After reading a long thread about how good the Kubota insurance was I figured why not for that price. Sort of a** backwards but that's the way it went down.:confused2:

/ Insurance...You have got to be kidding me!!!
If you've never noticed this before you must have never financed a home car or any other big ticket item.

Okay, let me give everyone a little background on how I got here today. I don't want to start any insurance wars by all means or insult anyone. I really appreciate all the information I am getting and I am sorry if I am offending anybody's decision to have insurance. We are all in different places. Some people need tractors to make a living and some have large land to care for, and some for a hobby, or putter around, etc. etc.

For me, I need a new lawn tractor. My older one is dying and will need to be replaced this year. I'll look for a used MMM on craigslist or something. Next, I had 70 -100ft. pine trees taken down because of the ice storm of Dec. 12th 2008. Two trees hit the house, one went through my new roof over my younger sons bedroom. I lost the bow rails on my boat, my shed was destroyed, my truck windshield, and on, and on....and I have a big mess even after burning all winter.

I would like to have a tractor I can put a FEL on to help augment the cleanup. I can borrow a rake from a buddy. I also have drainage issues which I can do later on in the future with a back hoe. I have new lawn to put down after all the stumps are ground. I need to thin out the trees...I can go on. You guy's already know how indispensable a tractor is. I am just getting there.

So, for the dealer to tell me I need insurance in order to buy the tractor with financing, it just rubbed me the wrong way. All the reasons for getting insurance are valid and not to be taken personal. It is at the least, peace of mind.

~Bruce

Last edited:
   / Insurance...You have got to be kidding me!!! #14  
I would like to have a tractor I can put a FEL on to help augment the cleanup. I can borrow a rake from a buddy. I also have drainage issues which I can do later on in the future with a back hoe. I have new lawn to put down after all the stumps are ground. I need to thin out the trees...I can go on. You guy's already know how indispensable a tractor is. I am just getting there.

So, for the dealer to tell me I need insurance in order to buy the tractor with financing, it just rubbed me the wrong way. All the reasons for getting insurance are valid and not personal. It is at the least, peace of mind.

~Bruce

I'm surprised your homeowners doesn't help with the storm damage.

I couldn't get insurance because I don't live on the property, I financed it in part to get the insurance. Now it's about paid off and am scrambling to find an insurer.

/ Insurance...You have got to be kidding me!!!
Yes, the insurance company paid for quite a bit, but not everything.

Bruce

/ Insurance...You have got to be kidding me!!! #16  
I just have my homeowners policy. I ran through a bunch of scenarios with them and everything we could come up with resulted in it being covered. When it would have been trailered, it and the trailer would have been covered on my auto policy. It is all through the same company and initially they weren't sure but when push came to shove they could not sell me any extra insurance because it was already covered (by them).

/ Insurance...You have got to be kidding me!!! #17  
Do you have a newer vehicle that is mostly or completely paid for? You could get a new car loan on that as a work around. Just a thought.

/ Insurance...You have got to be kidding me!!! #18  
My homeowners ins. covered mine with KCC financing.

/ Insurance...You have got to be kidding me!!! #19  
I bought my BX24 and financed it through Kubota. My Ins agent said that it would be covered on my homeowners policy as long as it remained on my property, There was no increase in my premium

/ Insurance...You have got to be kidding me!!! #20  
My agent keeps telling me, and have asked him a few times, that my homeowner's covers my tractor for: Theft from my property, damage on my property, and liability off or on my property. All so long as I not doing commercial work with it. Occasionally trading favors with a neighbor is covered, so long as no money changes hands. The only thing it really doesn't cover is theft from property other than mine.

Since it is hard to steal it while I am driving it, I just make it my business to never leave it anywhere else overnight.