Insurance Insurance...You have got to be kidding me!!!

/ Insurance...You have got to be kidding me!!! #31  
I also had checked around about insurance rates, etc. My tractor has been paid for. I searched around and State Farm was sky high for tractor insurance. I have State Farm for the house, vehicles, etc. I am using the insurance provided by Kubota. It is pretty good coverage for the money, and advise going with it.

Also, Keith is right about insurance on the trailer, while being towed by your vehicle. It is not covered under your vehicle policy. You need to have added insurance for it and anything else you tow, or have loaded on the trailer.

Skyco is right on about insurance agents being like politicians...Originally the State Farm agent gave me a good rate for my tractor. It compared with Kubota. That only lasted one year, and then went up. I then went with the Kubota insurance. I think the agent pacified me that year, and was afraid I would cancel all my insurance policies with him and go with someone else. Thinking about it some more, I may still jump ship, if Allstate or one of the others, (USAA), can give me better deals on vehicle, homeowners, etc. It goes both ways...It's good to compare coverages and barter with the agents since I think they have some wiggle room. I don't think the Kubota insurance is negotiable, and is pretty low already. It is a fixed commodity, not so much like a home. I could be wrong...

Last edited:
   / Insurance...You have got to be kidding me!!!
State Farm does not do business in Mass, the last I knew. I have a MetLife umbrella policy for all my vehicles and house. I am going to call them and find out what they offer. If it's like my boat, about $200 per year full coverage for the boat only. The trailer was a seperate policy. Comparing the coverage is key. We'll see.

~Bruce

/ Insurance...You have got to be kidding me!!! #33  
Farm Bureau really treated me well in my recent losses. They covered the tractor under the Inland Marine policy I mentioned and gave me a very fair settlement for the loss of the barn. It's not going to cover the cost of the new building i'm putting up but it comes pretty close. This is the first major claim I've had to submit and they were very supportive.

/ Insurance...You have got to be kidding me!!! #34  
I too am debating this.
I have never towed my current Garden Tractor off my yard, but I have plowed others' driveways. Nothing has happened before.... but's that's why it's insurance.
I have another week to decide.
  1. Keep it on MY property and be covered
  2. spend another $600 for all 5 years for 100% coverage

/ Insurance...You have got to be kidding me!!! #35  
According to the dealer, if you finance through Kubota, FULL coverage is required. Period.
My home owners does not cover flood, hurricane and off- property. So, i will be buying their insurance.