Intercom to shop

/ Intercom to shop #1  

Baldbigears

Tractor
JD 430, Kub 2750
Anybody have suggestions for a kitchen to shop intercom. Distance as wire would run would be close to 200 feet. Wireless won't work because shop is metal building. 120 volt receptacle plug in units won't work because shop has its own electric meter and ground system.

/ Intercom to shop #2  
I have intercom that works thru my phone line. but i ran copper wire for phone years ago. I use a commercial phone/intercom system. Its worked flawlessly for 20 years.

but if you dont have buried phone line….it gets alot harder.

my system uses 7 phones with units in basement, master bed, kitchen, office, shop, barn and carriage barn. About 250’ between house and barn and same between house and shop.

/ Intercom to shop #3  

The security guys at work recommended this to me when I had a similar situation. Almost 300 ft and 5 years without any issues.

/ Intercom to shop #5  
Cell phone
While @Baldbigears shop is apparently metal, that might be a tad difficult. But picking up on the theme, how about a small cellphone repeater into the shop? It might have more uses than just an intercom....

All the best,

Peter

/ Intercom to shop #6  
While @Baldbigears shop is apparently metal, that might be a tad difficult. But picking up on the theme, how about a small cellphone repeater into the shop? It might have more uses than just an intercom....

All the best,

Peter
My barn is metal, but I have no issues with using my cell phone in there.

/ Intercom to shop #8  
Anybody have suggestions for a kitchen to shop intercom. Distance as wire would run would be close to 200 feet. Wireless won't work because shop is metal building. 120 volt receptacle plug in units won't work because shop has its own electric meter and ground system.
Dear Lord, why would you want that?

Give up that peace and quiet?

:ROFLMAO:

How hard would it be to run a conduit underground from point A to point B?

And my cell phone works in my metal shop building, no problem.

/ Intercom to shop #9  

All the best,

Peter
Why not use a wireless bridge? You can then use wifi calling on your phone

/ Intercom to shop #10  
Install a second POTS phone line in the shop
Dig a trench and bury an internet connection between the house and shop
Wireless point to point internet/LAN between the house and barn
Bring your cellphone into the shop

BTW I have a wireless driveway alarm >1,000 feet away at one of my farm entrances and I get a signal in my all steel barn