Interesting observations...

/ Interesting observations... #71  
I cringe every time I see a rusty tractor. Some tractors look like they've never been under cover. I guess it doesn't make much sense to wash it if it's going to rust outside. All of my tractors go in the barn at night. I have one of my dad's tractors that is 58 years old with very little rust. He kept it inside because he said it cost too much to allow it to rust and decay. I chuckle now because he only paid $6,000 for a brand new 95 hp tractor in 65.

/ Interesting observations... #72  
I keep mine clean as a whistle, so I can tell if it's leaking or not. I'm pretty religious about keeping my equipment clean.

View attachment 819909
Darth, after seeing this pic, I have decided that I will never, ever, never post a picture of my tractor.

/ Interesting observations... #73  
I have no problem with seeing your tractor dirty or spotless. To each their own.
I do think the spotless tractors are not used much and the filthy ones are not cared for much. I was forced to keep a tractor outside for 15 yrs. I washed it and changed oil once a year. Everything still worked when I sold it.

/ Interesting observations... #74  
Seems like every time a poster posts a picture of their tractors, they are always filthy.
Just things I notice when looking at tractors on this site...
Don't think I agree with this. Most of the tractors I see here are either clean or very clean. People seem to take pride in them. Don't recall ever seeing one I'd classify as filthy.

Of course coming from an Ag background, maybe my standards are different. As others have said, priorities...