Interesting observations...

/ Interesting observations... #51  
Not everyone has the time to polish their tractor two times a day and still come to a forum increase their post count.

Lately, my tractor sits on the remote place more often. I do have a generator, water and compressed air in there. I only blow the entire tractor with compressed air frequently. I don't wash it there because it would only make a muddy mess which would pretty much defeat the purpose.

When I bring the tractor back home is when I give it a good wash, a good once over and grease job because just so happens that the intervals match with bringing the tractor home.

/ Interesting observations... #52  
This thread was an interesting read. I keep my cars, trucks, tractors reasonably clean. The shop is a mess - always something going on. I'm not particularly good about keeping a clean work space. Too much going on to waste time polishing stuff.

/ Interesting observations... #53  
You missed my point sort of... A working on a filthy tractor not only gets you filthy but when you remove parts or assemblies that filth gets inside those parts or inside the tractor. You should see the filthy tractors that Dennis at my Kubota dealer has to work on talk about filth and grease and dirt and crud.... he's gotten to the point where he puts degreaser on them and gives them a hot water pressure wash first and then they charge the customer for it.

How about the uncovered remotes that are rusting inside or are also filled with crud... I see very few on here that actually have covers in place, same goes with PTO stubs that are not being used.

Common sense will tell you that if you plug any implement into s cruddy female connector, if it don't leak, thsat crud is going somewhere... That somewhere is into your implement's hydraulic system and ultimately as you cycle those hydraulics, into your tractor's gearbox.

Maybe I'm a nal about this stuff but neither of my Kubota's are new 2001 and 2002 and 4000+ and 6000+ hours and I've never had any issues with either that could be attributed to contaminated oils or leaky hydraulic fittings. Neither are wannabe play tractors either, they both work hard and I don't 'spare the rod' with either. I bought them to work and that is what they do. Neither have any leaks and both are clean before put away and that is everytime I use them. I fully expect them to outlive me as well. They are my last tractors.
I do not clean my Kioti 3510SE HST as much as my wife would like me to but you have made me re-think my actions that to just drive and work, and not wash is indeed a bad thing. That making my Kioti a pretty, little machine is not only aesthetically pleasing but also good for her continued healthy existence on my farm. Thanks for explaining the goodness of power washing / cleaning our tractors, and consider me to be one man converted.

/ Interesting observations... #54  
I advocate for reasonably clean. Then again we are in a arid climate where 'dirt' comes in the form of dust then dew. I keep the tractor in the barn so a rinse is all that's needed. I do not wash motors. I will hose off buckets, mowers, differentials and rear mechanicals. Nothing like showroom clean.

/ Interesting observations... #55  
Winter months are the easiest for me. After snow blowing, I park in the garage, turn the heat up to about 55 and fiddle around with stuff until the snow on tractor has melted some.

Then I use an 8" squeegee to dry off the flat parts.

After it is fully dry, I might shine up the hood with a squirt of Lemon Pledge.

/ Interesting observations... #56  
I hose off my tractor and spray WD-40 on the ball joints of the 3-point after each time it's used for spreading fertilizer, which means about 6 times between March and November. Fertilizer is corrosive, and I'm more interested in keeping rust at bay, than whether or not the thing looks pretty. I will also give it a rinse off if it's dirty, before I do the yearly fluid changes and greasing each January.

It gets a little dirty in-between, and never gets a proper soap and wax cleaning like a car, but I'm not using it in muddy conditions either. I agree on capping unused ports and greasing and capping PTO shafts, as well as never working on it when caked in mud or dirt, you want to keep the fluids and working surfaces clean!

/ Interesting observations... #57  
The OP needs to consider one thing - some of us have no, or minimal, water available to spare for cleaning tractors. I, and all my neighbours, are on tank water. Only one neighbour of mine has a dam. In drought times, many folks have to truck in water for drinking, cooking, personal grooming, etc. so they certainly are not going to be squirting it all over a tractor.

Sure, I like clean, and my workshop and all my tools are clean and in excellent condition, all the hydraulic couplers are capped and I do wash the tractor, but washing it has to be low down on the list of priorities in terms of using precious water.

/ Interesting observations... #58  
My equipment falls into the category of a 'Sleeper' so I can fool people with what they can really get done vs how pretty they are to someone observing. Mechaniking on a dirty machine is just dumb. Poor point.

/ Interesting observations... #59  
Seems like every time a poster posts a picture of their tractors, they are always filthy. Myself, I'd be offended to post a picture of mine (remember, I have more than one) being dirty, you won't find mine dirty unless I just came in from the field and last thing I do is wash them I cringe when I see that because removing and installing parts on a filthy tractor is inviting the filth inside the works... and

The other thing I see on here when someone posts a picture of the backend of their tractor, the remote female connectors never have any plugs in them. My remotes (I have 3 sets on each tractor) are always capped when not in use, You can buy rubber lanyard caps at TSC for cheap or spring for the spring loaded self closing ones that any Kubota dealer sells (what I have). Leaving the remotes open and dirty inside causes internal rust plus they won't seal to the male ends properly and leak and replacements aren't cheap.

I also cover my PTO shaft when not in use. You can buy slip on plastic pto stub covers cheap as well. Keeps then clean and rust free and you can put a bit of grease in the cover as well.

Just things I notice when looking at tractors on this site...
Your tractors are waxed aren’t they?

/ Interesting observations...
Your tractors are waxed aren’t they?
No, I never wax them. They get washed with Chemical Guys foam cannon wash and that is it. Never waxed them, don't plan on it either. I keep them clean only. I don't like handling filthy units.