Interesting observations...

/ Interesting observations... #61  
Mine gets washed after every 3rd field mowing or so for customers........sometimes more often of the field was really silthy, by then there is caked on stuff around valves etc as pioneer couplers always seep some. Last wash is done before snow season for snow removal, and that really doesn't doesn't get the equipment dirty over snow season snowblowing. Obviously us "hobby" tractor owners are probably a little bit more vain about keeping tractor clean since we have usually only one. If you're a multi unit farmer or large farm operation......I totally understand.

/ Interesting observations... #62  
I washed, clayed, and waxed mine once.

The clay really helped the finish.

Haven’t done it since tho

I do wash it about once a year.

/ Interesting observations... #63  
My wife laughs me for hosing down tractor when dirt/dust gets pretty thick.... Clean tractor makes it easier to spot potential problems and fix before tractor becomes sidelined what you really need it..... Agree with previous post about looking at contractors equipment as to how its maintained, it may be old but clean and well greased and such....

/ Interesting observations... #64  
Wax my tractor ? :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :D I'll keep it indoors to protect the finish but that's not gonna happen.

/ Interesting observations... #65  
I washed, clayed, and waxed mine once.

The clay really helped the finish.

Haven’t done it since tho

I do wash it about once a year.
Why did you use clay and wax? Doesn’t clay and spray do the job of the wax, or were you using clay just to smooth things out in prep for wax? I’m no expert on this which is why I’m asking. I know there are some new products out there that use clay bars and a spray-on-wipe-off form of wax/polish - making it easier than the old wax-on-wax-off method.
Granted I’m talking about what is used on a nice vehicle you want to keep shined up.

/ Interesting observations... #67  
If you want to spruce your tractor up after a wash, Honda Polish works great as a quick detailer and anti UV spray and wipe. Works on chrome, fiberglass and plastic as well.

/ Interesting observations... #69  
Why did you use clay and wax? Doesn’t clay and spray do the job of the wax, or were you using clay just to smooth things out in prep for wax? I’m no expert on this which is why I’m asking. I know there are some new products out there that use clay bars and a spray-on-wipe-off form of wax/polish - making it easier than the old wax-on-wax-off method.
Granted I’m talking about what is used on a nice vehicle you want to keep shined up.
I dunno, it was an old mothers kit, I doubt I read the instructions…

It was like 10 years ago do I forget most of the details

/ Interesting observations... #70  
I keep mine clean as a whistle, so I can tell if it's leaking or not. I'm pretty religious about keeping my equipment clean.

My 5155.jpeg