Interesting statistics

/ Interesting statistics #42  
I wonder if the total posts per day change with daylight hours through out the year?
They change by month for sure. From Oct to Dec it was pretty steady, then in Jan there was a large increase in posts per day.

Aaron Z

/ Interesting statistics #43  
Oh man please do not attempt to compile posts per day. Yes, I have that statistic. These days I only check it once or twice per year. I used to obsess over it and check daily when the site was growing.

All time, since this version of the forum was installed, we're at about 800 posts per day all-time average. There were months when we topped 2,000 posts per day and of course in the early years we were under 100 per day.

/ Interesting statistics #44  
Oh man please do not attempt to compile posts per day. Yes, I have that statistic. These days I only check it once or twice per year. I used to obsess over it and check daily when the site was growing.

All time, since this version of the forum was installed, we're at about 800 posts per day all-time average. There were months when we topped 2,000 posts per day and of course in the early years we were under 100 per day.

Well, there goes my chance to brush up on estimating an ARIMA model. That may be a good thing -- it's been years since I have estimated one and I would have to spend a lot of time getting back up to speed. I would also have to track down a copy of Box and Jenkins as I gave my copy away when I retired.

Steve

/ Interesting statistics #45  

Yeah, being out on the boat is much better, you've worked for it & earned it! :thumbsup:

/ Interesting statistics #46  

How far away is the 5 million?

/ Interesting statistics #47  
This forum has 4,933,976 posts, 304,061 Members and there are currently 448 members and 6157 guests...as if right now.

That leave about 66,024 posts to go. If we average 1,000 posts per day that means we have 66.024 days to go. That should put the 5 millionth post around 3/25/2018.

But who's counting...

/ Interesting statistics #48  
Well, there goes my chance to brush up on estimating an ARIMA model. That may be a good thing -- it's been years since I have estimated one and I would have to spend a lot of time getting back up to speed. I would also have to track down a copy of Box and Jenkins as I gave my copy away when I retired.

Steve

Disregarding your claim of retirement... that's a lot of 'first person' statements.

Where's your team of academic slav... 'er, I mean, "un-payed research assistants/graduate students"?

Surely they remained as part of your Retirement Package!

/ Interesting statistics #49  
OK. Use the date format of your choice. Time's a wastin on the completion of the homework assignment. Chop-chop.

Steve
Too time consuming!
I opt to drop this course!

/ Interesting statistics #50  
Disregarding your claim of retirement... that's a lot of 'first person' statements.

Where's your team of academic slav... 'er, I mean, "un-payed research assistants/graduate students"?

Surely they remained as part of your Retirement Package!

Correction

The graduate research assistants were not unpaid, they were underpaid. :)

Steve