International 574 wont start?

/ International 574 wont start? #11  
Is it leaking into the oil?

/ International 574 wont start?
Nothing in the oil as of yesterday. I will check it again.

After warming up with the block heater since 5pm fired right up tonight at 1015pm everything operated fine. Checked the oil after and it looked normal. Still low on antifreeze. I am going to put it in the shop tomorrow night and see if it is dripping or get the hood off.

Hasn't started since last post back to the same problem.

Replaced the power wire because I already had a new one. No change. Cleaned all connections no change. Pretty much down to the starter. The only weird thing is I have 12.6v at the battery. When I crank it drops but then when I stop it goes back to 12.6 never checked that before, not sure what it means.

/ International 574 wont start? #15  
Hasn't started since last post back to the same problem.

Replaced the power wire because I already had a new one. No change. Cleaned all connections no change. Pretty much down to the starter. The only weird thing is I have 12.6v at the battery. When I crank it drops but then when I stop it goes back to 12.6 never checked that before, not sure what it means.

When you crank the starter, the voltage should not drop below ~9V . It should drop, but not below ~9V. have you checked the chasis ground and made sure it's tight and not corroded?

/ International 574 wont start? #16  
If it drops to the 9v or below quickly you may have a bad cell in the battery. You didn't post what it falls to.

Yes I cleaned it. The battery is brand new last week industrial battery. Not saying it isint bad.

What makes no sense is when it starts it takes right off otherwise it draggs. I was concerned there might be a short in the starter.

/ International 574 wont start? #19  
Need to put an amp meter on it to see how much its drawing. Starter could be bad, engine could be binding.

2 years later and I still have basically the same issue. I am replacing the key switch as I messed mine up yesterday. Since the last post I have taken the starter apart and cleaned it but no obvious issues observed. I put it on to charge to get a full charge, plugged in the block heater. 3 hours later it cranked right up. I wasn't ready to use it at the time, I had to go get my pallet forks from another farm. Did that today and after about two hours on the battery charger to top it off during which time the block heater was unplugged, however it had been charging all night, the engine cranked for a short burst then starter stalled again. No whine this time. I am betting this tractor hasn't ran 10 times since the last post all in warm weather.

If it were warm this thing would fire right up. I picked up a block heater for it, but it's never convienient to install when it's 20 deg.